Main Menu

Cream colour glass?

Started by cbeadies, May 06, 2014, 07:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbeadies

Hi,
I'm just wondering whether anyone can suggest a good cream / beige colour glass that is not as reactive or streaky as Effetre Ivory?

Thanks!
Jill  :)

helbels

Is CIM stoneground too dark?

Vetrofond Cream is pretty non reactive as well.

princess pink

oooo that's a tricky one...

cim butter pecan
Cim hazelnut mousse
Cim antique lace (if you can get some)
lauscha vanilla ice
vetrofond yellow ice (amazing but rare)

GaysieMay

Does it need to be 104? I think bullseye's French Vanilla us meant to be good, but I tend to stick to 104 myself.
www.GaysieMay.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/gaysiemay

Nicknack

Quote from: GaysieMay on May 06, 2014, 08:30:18 PM
Does it need to be 104? I think bullseye's French Vanilla us meant to be good, but I tend to stick to 104 myself.

French Vanilla's pretty reactive, it's the Bullseye Ivory.

Nick

JanieD

I quite like Reichenbach Porcelain :)

Jane

ajda

My partner - the 104 guru in our household - suggests CiM Linen. It does react, but not the same as Effetre Ivory. And two other less reactive ones: CiM Ginger and CiM Butter Pecan.
Alan
www.ajdalampwork.etsy.com

teejay0

I've been trying to find the same thing, glad I stumbled across this thread. So far I've been getting pretty good results out of CiM Butter Pecan. Bullseye French Vanilla was recommended to me by a friend but it's more reactive than I'd really like.

Trudi

Another vote for butter pecan

cbeadies

Thank you for the replies, there are some colours suggested that I hadn't thought of, and some I didn't know about.
Will hunt around to find stockists, may report back if I find the ideal 'cream' !

:)

Glassy Lou

Another vote for hazelnut mousse. It's a bit peachy, but not as much as butter pecan/ginger.
I'm not sure how reactive it is because I've only used it on it's own, but I'll have a play next time I'm melting and let you know.

Blue Box Studio

Quote from: cbeadies on May 07, 2014, 04:09:32 PM
Thank you for the replies, there are some colours suggested that I hadn't thought of, and some I didn't know about.
Will hunt around to find stockists, may report back if I find the ideal 'cream' !

:)

I'm pretty sure I have some Linen, Butter Pecan and Ginger if you would like me to pop some in the post for you / meet up for coffee?

Someone was demoing at FO and am sure they said silver pink was a good replacement for ivory - might have been Helen G?  Not got any (yet).
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

helbels

I have some Vetrofond Cream and CIM Stoneground and can let you have a couple of rods if you like too xxx

Redhotsal

you could try Opal Yellow. It's reactive - but not in the same way as ivory. Bit pricey though....

cbeadies

Thanks for all the suggestions.
Sue and Helen, I have PM'd you!  :)