Main Menu

Rainbow colours

Started by Sheena, March 11, 2014, 01:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheena

Hi,
I've seen some beautiful rainbow beads in bright vibrant colours. Could anyone share which glass colours they would recommend for each of the colours Red, orange, yellow , green, blue ...etc
Thanks
Sheena

Trudi

Are you working in opaque or transparent - and did you want pastel or vibrant shades?

Sheena

Hi Trudi,
Opaque and vibrant.
Sheena

Trudi

Red ... If funds allow cim marachino for red or sangria or effetre light red

orange  .. hmmmm might need to check that most of mine are transparent but depending on the size they can work to have a more opaque look. Cim clockwork is bright! .. I'll check out my stash tomorrow.
Yellow ... effetre daffodil, blue fremen; green elphaba and purple light lavender

Sheena

Hi Trudi,
Thank- you so much for taking the time to reply.  Will look at those colours.
Sheena

Nammie

If you fancy an indigo to go with the reddier purples (like Effetre purple or CIM Grape Ape) then CIM Lapis is nice. Well, its my latest favourite anyway.

I've used the Effetre 'standards' for red, yellow, orange and blue, not found a good mid green yet though.....

Kalorlo

Reds can be tricky: maraschino and sangre aren't opaque (maraschino is a translucent/semi-opaque kind of red), while the Effetre opaque reds have a tendency to easily strike darker in areas, so it depends what look you want.

You can get deeper colours by layering transparents over opaques too.

Orange: CiM creamsicle is nice, so is Effetre orange for a brighter one.

Trudi

For orange .. try dark yellow .. when worked it comes out orange .. or even apricot!