Main Menu

Not Dark Ivory

Started by LampyLou, February 07, 2014, 09:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LampyLou

I ordered some Dark Ivory and what arrived was dark in color but not Dark Ivory as I know it.  It looks more like CIM Ginger but I don't think I'm that lucky, and it is smooth not rough like it should be.  It seems to have a dot of white in the middle.  Does anybody have any idea what it could be and what I could use it for?  I'm really pushed for time at the moment and don't want to waste time or glass if its going to react horribly.

Thanks
Julia

Redhotsal

The last batch of dark ivory I had was dark and smooth. It does vary from batch to batch so maybe best to test a small amount to see if it reacts like dark ivory should. I.e. does it react with turquoise or does it do the silvered ivory thing? Where did you buy it? Possibly best to just contact them to verify? Does it have a slightly "opalescent" sheen to it? If so, it may be CIM but I can't think what else it may be, plus CIM often comes wrapped in white tissue paper.

~tHePyRoPiXiE~

When I took a class with Kate Fowle Meleney I remember her saying that that was how you can tell if a rod is Dark Ivory, if it has the paler dot in the middle....
All of my Dark Ivory has a white dot in the middle
~ Chrystal ~
www.chrystalrosedesigncrafts.com

Dragonfire Glass

The dark ivory I've received has been like CIM ginger to look at but goes ivory colour in the flame/bead and reacts like dark ivory.
At least we can tell the difference now.