SRA (Self Representing Artists) - Application process? Long delay ...?

Started by Jane C ♫, January 19, 2014, 12:32:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jane C ♫

Hi All

I have questions about the SRA website ... http://www.self-representing-artist.com/

I originally emailed my application in September, chased it again in December, and still haven't heard anything. I emailed it to ginajeans@comcast.net and last time I copied in one of the others too.

Any ideas what's happening with it? I'd really like at least an acknowledgement that my application has been received ...

Help?!
Hand Painted Silk and Fused Glass Artist.
Lampwork Beginner!
Website

spexy

I'm in a similar situation.

I received a reply on the 5-8-2013 with my membership number but I am still waiting for it to be added to their site.

My contact was Melinda Melanson (cauldroncreations@hotmail.com)

I have emailed several times to find out when it will be added to the site and not had any replies.

Not sure if I should be using the number if it isn't on the site.

Jellybean

I've given up... sent to Gina in August, chased in December.
If I hear anything that's a bonus, if not, never mind. I'm happy making beads  :)

Shirley

Have you tried posting something on Lampwork Etc? Might shed a bit of light.

I've seen a few postings over the years about the delay in dealing with applications.
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

GaysieMay

I have tried two or three times in the last five years or so and never got anything but an email back telling me my beads were lovely and my request would be processed - given up now! 

Good luck to you though. X
www.GaysieMay.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/gaysiemay

Angie

www.angiesnelling.com
In the future, all will be glass...

ruth

Frittering the children's inheritance.

spexy

Sounds like a good idea. I didn't realise it was American anyway.

Lynniebeads

Jane C ♫

Glad I'm not alone, but this isn't good ...

I copied in cauldroncreations to my last two emails and haven't heard anything ...

Will pop over to Lampwork Etc. and see what's happening.
Lampwork Beginner!
Website

Shirley

The other thing to consider is whether it really matters or not  :-\

Jane C ♫

Shirley - agreed - However, if some people have it and others don't, the question is what the public / buyers think, and whether it affects their purchase decision.
Lampwork Beginner!
Website

Shirley

Jane C ♫

WE HAVE NEWS!!!

I managed to get in touch with Melinda! She says:

"Sorry. I am trying to contact the others in the SRA processing group to find out what the problem is. Please give me a couple weeks to figure things out."

I'll let you know as soon as she gets back to me.  ;D
Lampwork Beginner!
Website

Blue Box Studio

Which is all so weird as I applied a while ago (granted before all this) and was accepted within a day - I was surprised as I'd not been working with glass that long and expected the 'come back next week' response.

Hope you all get it sorted out.  Not sure anyone uses it as a search tag, or really understand what it means so I'd not lose sleep over it.
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr