Which torch to buy????

Started by cas, October 08, 2013, 08:44:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cas

Hello
I'm moving in a few weeks and will have a new studio.  :)

So I've decided to upgrade from my HH on bulk to a dual fuel.

The question is which one!!!! I've read some of the other threads, but I'm still not sure!!!

I was taught on a minor and really like it - but whats the difference between the minor and the mega minor.

Don't know much about the other torches, I like the look of the Bethlehem - but I'm not sure how it will run on one oxycon.

Any advice!

Cassie

Barnacle Bay

Here is a link for you on the Mega Torch it says it runs hotter using the same resources, though when I was looking and could not decide between the two I was told that there was not a lot in it between the two torches, so opted for the Minor as TG had them at a very good price and I have to say I love my Minor and I can get it to run pretty hot, I have not looked back  ;)

http://www.nortelglass.com/torches.shtml

cas

Jellybean

I love my alpha... it was ok on a 5ltr oxy, but it's fabulous on my 8ltr oxy :-)

Barnacle Bay

I think now if I was going to upgrade (if I had a 10ltr OXY )  I would still stick with the minor and then think about going for a Flame Thrower - like the Major, but the Major Minor might not have the same output for this type of upgrade - me thinking out aloud  ;)

I would stick with Minor as they seem to hold there value, so a possible better trade in as folks love them  ;)