MONTHLY COLOUR CHALLENGE - September

Started by Krysia@No98, September 02, 2013, 08:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krysia@No98

The colour of the month challenge is jointly sponsored by Off Mandrel (thank you Sean and Gillian!) and Frit Happens!

Each month the lucky winner, chosen by a random number selector, will receive a £20 gift voucher to spend on-line with Off Mandrel. The draw will take place at the start of **October** Last entries before midnight of the last day of September so make sure you get your entries in to be in with a chance to win the goodies!

A reminder that the entries should be new work.

So, the colours for the month for September 2013 Nile Green (this will be Effetre 591214, we had '212' a few years ago so if there is any uncertainty we want the glass with the part number 214  ;) ). Come on let's see your creations!

Good luck!
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

helbels

Um Krysia, 591214 on Tuffnells site is listed as Opaque Pea Green, which is very different from Nile green, which is an opalino??

Krysia@No98

Hiya

Right go for the Glass numbered as 591214 which according to tuffnells is Pea.

... and when I get my glass out of storage I shall relabel my stash  ;)  ::) ...

The good news is that Pea does interesting things with rubino

cbeadies

:-\ On the Effetre wiki here http://www.frit-happens.co.uk/wiki/Effetre there seems to be two Nile greens, the 214 and also the opalino which is 216.
Maybe the 214 has been renamed to avoid confusion!

I think I may have a rod of 214, off to have a look.... :)

Ant

Yay! I have two rods of the Pea 214!  No Rubino though - think I can feel a Tuffers order coming on . .........  ;D

Kaz

It's Nile Green both as an opaque and as an opalino!
212 is lime green or pea green!
See Miriam's chart http://www.facet-design.com/wp/kleurkaarten/effetre/
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Krysia@No98

it does nice stuff with EDP too, if you have any of that

Trudi

Quote from: Kaz on September 02, 2013, 10:12:41 PM
It's Nile Green both as an opaque and as an opalino!
212 is lime green or pea green!
See Miriam's chart http://www.facet-design.com/wp/kleurkaarten/effetre/
Kazx

That's what I have too Kaz!

helbels

In line with last month, should this month's challenge be "make something with any glass you've got that's vaguely garden pea coloured??"  ;D ;D ;D

Yeske

I had some Nile Green lying around, so I'd figured I'd try making something and enter this challenge/contest as well ;D
Soo... can I enter? *have never done this before*

It's not brilliant, but I'm getting better each session. Also, it was a nice way of practicing dots :) (I have very poor dot-controle due to unstable hands, unfortunately)

All beads are just nile green and opaque brown. I think brown and green combine well :) In the front you see a pair of earrings that I made with implosionbeads in these colours. In the back you can vaguely see some basic beads with a lot of dots. I'm sorry - I'm not very good at phtographing beads yet, haha.

It is fun to have this challenge to direct my attention to. It is a nice oppertunity to try out colours and techniques that I would not otherwise have tried. Thank you for that :)

Skyblue

Yeske love the earrings and the beads in the background, the colours do go well together :)

helbels

Jeske, I think you are very hard on yourself. I  think you are producing remarkable work for someone who describes themsleves as relatively new to beadmaking.

Yeske

awwh thanks. I actually am really proud of these results. It's just that I get very self-conscious seeing all of the perfect beads made by you all ^^ (I'm always very impressed by the posts in the gallary)

Jane C ♫

Hurrah! I have one rod of the right colour! I think I'll be having a go at this ...  :)
Hand Painted Silk and Fused Glass Artist.
Lampwork Beginner!
Website

Jane C ♫

My first ever entry to the colour challenge!

Clear / silver black / pea green.

Hope these are OK... my first big "matching" set of beads, and my first big heart focal!

NB: They still need to go through the kiln annealing cycle, hence the large amount of bead release still visible... can't wait to wear them!
Hand Painted Silk and Fused Glass Artist.
Lampwork Beginner!
Website