Recommend ventalation.....

Started by bungamo, August 02, 2013, 10:08:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bungamo

Hi,
I did some lampworking a couple years back but had to stop now I want to get back into it  :).
At that time I bought a Air Force hurricane 150 from progrow which I found great but sooooo noisy. No fancy setup I just sat the unit on a table in front of my torch and away I went.

Now I want to buy a quieter fan.  I've had a look at the brightdragon one - has anyone bought this and is it quiet.  The hurricane is properly far too powerful for my needs so I don't need one that vents so much.
The tuffnell one also looks good but price wise I don't really want to spend so much.
I have a bobcat hooked up to 1 oxycon unit.
Any recommendations please?

Oh if I find an alternative to the hurricane will be up for sale but I'll post that in the sale section  :D

Thanks x

DragonBright

Hi Bungamo

Our fan is pretty quiet - our setup has the fan directly over the bench, and once the oxycon is running, you can't hear the fan over it.  The max flow rate is 230 m3/hr; through a 6" duct, we find that's enough to keep the fumes moving out, without giving you a howling gale through your work area.

If you're near (or passing through) SW Herts (we're based in Watford), you're most welcome to come and have a look at a running setup.  Just drop me a line to set a time.

Alison
DragonBright: quality tools and accessories for craftspeople - visit us at www.dragonbright.co.uk.

Krysia@No98

Hiya

I have a progrow too and I know exactly what you mean, but back then I didn't hear it over the hot head.

Martin (Tuffnells) does an extraction kit now, I stood right next to it at flame off two years ago and could barely hear it.  The suction has been describe and "being able to suck the nipples of a stripper"  But at the same time doesn't disturb the flame
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

GaysieMay

I have the Tuffnells one and I need to turn it on before the oxy otherwise I can't hear if its on - very quiet.  I have their hood directly over the flame and when I bleed my pipes I can't smell the propane - well not unless I stick my nose at the end of the torch!  :)
www.GaysieMay.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/gaysiemay