Help- oxycon dead!

Started by Shirl, July 03, 2013, 08:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shirl

I just thought I would cheer myself up and make a few beads and went to turn on my oxy, and its just dead!

The red service light is on, but nothing else,

I got my "Bob" from Martin just over a year ago, and havent used it much.  It was fine yesterday when I packed it away.

Does anyone know if there is anything I can do to try to fix it myself?
Can anyone help please....

qwirkyglass

it might sound silly but have you checked the electric connections? mine did this when the back plug had been pulled out slightly.
just an idea :)

Shirl

Thanks, I did check, and I wish it would be that easy..... I just get the red service light so there is power to the unit. No sound or any other sign of life!

I have looked at the filters and they look clean.

Shirley

The standard advice is to pick it up and drop it from a few inches
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

Shirl

OMG.....I dont know if I dare do that :o :o

ARBeads

Yep Drop it on the deck - it works for many things  :-*
Ruth & Andy

www.etsy.com/shop/arjewellery for beads!

Shirl

It didnt work :( he is still dead.

mizgeorge

Could it be getting too hot? They can get a bit temperamental when it's warm if they haven't got enough clearance around them.

Shirl

I dont think so George, I havent used it yet today I just plugged it in, swithched it on and nothing.......just the flashing red "service" light.

I will have to give Tuffnells a ring tomorrow, I am sure they will have an answer for me :)

Thanks everyone for the advice :)

Barnacle Bay

I am thinking, that if you have not used it for a while that it may need time to adjust - just maybe moving it to another room might do the trick esp if its been stored in a cooler part of your property or even in a hotter part or vick verky, so move it to another place other than where it has been stored and leave it for say 24hrs.  Failing that, give Martin a call I am sure he will know what to do  ;)  Perhaps flick the reset button if it has one, and turn the slider down on the oxy output  bar.  Check all tubes etc.  

Good luck

Shirl

MAGIC......from the lovely lady at tuffnels. :) :) :)

She told me that the unit had a battery back up, so the  red light can be on even if the mains power is not getting to the unit.

I plugged it into a different power strip and it works...... soooo happy :) :)

Thanks everyone, and especially tuffnels :)

Barnacle Bay

mizgeorge

I'm so pleased it was something straightforward :)

Blue Box Studio

Yay, something simple! 

Mine hates the heat, mine hates the cold, mine seems to hate working for more than 20 minutes without a coffee break at the moment (it has the break, I have the coffee).  It seems happiest on a warm day, sitting by the door looking out at the garden but it's a bit of a trip hazard  ::)  still, so long as the little darling is happy, we can all have a happy day. Perhaps come winter it'll be happy to look out of a window?
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

chipperpottery

Brilliant. I know when mine went, it was the fan.