Main Menu

New CIM, Dare I ask?

Started by helenfc, June 28, 2013, 10:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

helbels

On the home page, above each picture you'll see the name of the glass in blue, underlined.  Click on the name and it will take you to the page with details on.   Cake Batter is £15.50 a quarter.

flowerjasper

jobead

Quote from: Alison G on August 31, 2013, 09:53:13 PM
Sorry if I'm rehashing an old thread here but it seemed daft to start a whole new one.

Can I first stress that I am a huge supporter of the British glass suppliers, Martin and Sean don't need to be told this, they're spending my life savings between them.

I really have a bee in my bonnet about these new CiM Limted runs, so much so I have emailed Cim's creator and she has taken my feedback and promises to come back to me after she deals with a very sad family situation.

Effetre Cobalt Blue is a very fair less than £3 per quarter kilo, so, pray tell, why is CiM Ltd Run Neon Blue, which is very similar indeed priced at £15.75 per 1/4 kilo? I know this isn't our retailers fault, they can only charge in line with what they buy at. I love Mint Chip, like Trudi, but not for £11.50 per qtr. I love Musk Melon, it's a lot like my beloved Dirty Martini but it's £11.50. The real head scratcher is Radio Flyer, a trans red which is £19.00!!

I'd love some of these colours and I hope Kathy can come back with some reasonable explanation for what I see to be price anomalies, but I certainly can't afford to buy them at that price. :(

I thought it was me being a cheapskate, I'm the same, I just can't justify paying more than 3 times the price of Effetre no matter how delicious the colours might be.

Kimster

I bought some Zombie Ltd Run last year, when it arrived (3 packs) each was clearly labelled Tamarind on the actual stickers on the rod. Hmmm. Makes me not trust 'new' colours  :-\  - anyone else had this?

Trudi

Quote from: Kimster on September 01, 2013, 10:13:14 PM
I bought some Zombie Ltd Run last year, when it arrived (3 packs) each was clearly labelled Tamarind on the actual stickers on the rod. Hmmm. Makes me not trust 'new' colours  :-\  - anyone else had this?

Naughty x  :(

Nicknack

Quote from: Kimster on September 01, 2013, 10:13:14 PM

I bought some Damson Ltd Run,(just one pack), and it was labelled Plum.

Nick

Alison G

Isn't it a shame, I just want to melt glass! I don't sell, so it must be worse for those whose livelihoods depend on it.
NB. Do not touch hot rods of glass, it is stupid.

Shirley

Quote from: Alison G on September 02, 2013, 08:45:10 AM
Isn't it a shame, I just want to melt glass! I don't sell, so it must be worse for those whose livelihoods depend on it.

Nah, just make something else.
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

Jellybean

Quote from: Nicknack on September 01, 2013, 11:29:35 PM

I bought some Damson Ltd Run,(just one pack), and it was labelled Plum.

Nick

I have both Damson and Plum. You might find - and I hope you will -  that if you look carefully at the Damson label under the 'Plum' is 'Messy Unique' the code number and -1 to indicate that it is unique. Plum and Damson are quite different, so I hope you've been sent the right one.  :-\

And now you've got me thinking autumn colours! Hmmmm.....

Kalorlo

Yeah, they stopped calling things Unique-1, Unique-2 and gave them actual names. I think on their website they do tend to say when it used to be called a unique instead.

Prices: Lauscha has been going up a bit, but you're right that it's not been as much as CiM yet. (Though if they do get that transparent magenta batch made, that's going to be more expensive than the current colours. It's been delayed and we're getting into Christmas production time soon I think, so the furnaces will be busy).

ETA: yes, for Zombie it says Formerly Unique Tamarind -2.

Alison G

Quote from: Shirley on September 02, 2013, 09:18:01 AM
Quote from: Alison G on September 02, 2013, 08:45:10 AM

Nah, just make something else.

As in use another brand or take up knitting? :)
NB. Do not touch hot rods of glass, it is stupid.

Shirley

If you can't use a glass that you would like to use to make something then make something else using glass that you have already or that is cheaper. I know that I've got lots of glass I've barely touched so I might experiment more with that rather than buy new colours.

I don't think anyone will be giving up completely because they aren't able to buy the latest colours! :D

Kaz

Don't you? The OCD in me doesn't like an incomplete collection!
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Shirley

Quote from: Kaz on September 02, 2013, 03:03:32 PM
Don't you? The OCD in me doesn't like an incomplete collection!
Kazx

And I thought you were easily pleased with a bundle of Dirty Martini!

helbels

Funnily enough I was wondering the other day if we should run a challenge where everyone commits to making something with glass from their stash that they've either never used, or not used in ages.  I'm sure we all have lots.   I found a whole bundle of Ghee the other day that I've never used.