MONTHLY THEME CHALLENGE - February

Started by Krysia@No98, February 04, 2013, 05:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DementedMagpie

This sounded like a fun theme; I was looking forward to seeing what everyone would come up with, and you lot certainly didn't disappoint! Some absolutely scrumptious things here (and some ideas I may, ahem, take inspiration from...) and a variety of approaches; my particular personal favourite is Jeannette's plate.

So this is my effort; I hope it's "organic" enough. These are about 2.5 cm long, and the plan is to turn them into a pair of earrings, but I don't have the right wire for the hooks right now, so, until I find some, they're just some beads on headpins:

2013-02-24 01 "organic" by Demented Magpie, on Flickr
Kathy

Blog - Flickr - Etsy - Facebook

Sandera

Some gorgeous, and diverse, interpretations of organic - beautiful and inspirational!

Here's my first inclusion of a piece for the monthly challenge - please be kind!

104_2263 by redhotglass, on Flickr

jeannette

Wow - lovely green man - great effect! It's really interesting to look at.

Pandanimal

Amazing green man, lots of other lovelies too.
Pebbles from me, of course!

DSCF9663 by Pandanimal, on Flickr

Amber

Dragonfire Glass

Nicknack

Skin of the teeth job - had to take the photos outside on a very dull day, and just managed to upload them.  Anyway, here's my organic - 2 sides of the same bead.  It's 3 1/4 cm each way, and Sediment and Carribean Sea, with murrini and encased.

P2287616 by nicknack2014, on Flickr

P2287618 by nicknack2014, on Flickr

and here it is with another one I made earlier, but didn't encase.

P2287620 by nicknack2014, on Flickr

Love everyone else's - the Green Man , Donna's lapis bead, Pandanimal's pebbles, Jeanette's plate,everything!

Nick

Sarah A

I hope this isn't too late. I made these beads last week but with everything going on this week forgot all about them. I have really enjoyed this challenge.

Eta a picture that shows up!

Krysia@No98

Drum Roll......

The winner for February is....

SueP.

Well done.  I shall PM you in a mo.

Thank you to everyone that's entered this month's challenge.  Ta - Krysia
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

Pandanimal

Nicknack

Congratulations Sue.  Enjoy your prize!

Nick