MONTHLY COLOUR CHALLENGE - February

Started by Krysia@No98, February 04, 2013, 05:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marklaird

I've decided to lower the standard to newbie level to try encourage a few more of the beginners to join in.

So, three simple beads in ink blue.

Left hand one is simply ink blue, with white and ink blue dots.
Middle one is ink blue with some white and then ink blue stringer in the centre with dots either side to cause the wiggle.
The right hand one is ink blue with dots and then a little bit of Triton silver glass on the edge dots.

FHF 2013 Feb Ink Blue Glass beads by Marklaird, on Flickr

Nothing too fancy, and certainly not to the same standard as the other beads in the challenge. But , you have to start somewhere, and to quote the national lottery, you have to be in it to win it.

Mark

Coretta

LOVE THE POSTS IN THIS MONTHS COLOR CHALLENGE!!  ;D

The first time I post in the challenge. Sorry for the picture, taken by phone.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us][/img]

This Lentil is made of 058 with silverfoil and watercolor flowers. Hope you like it.

Corry from Holland
PROUD GRANNY

Pandanimal

So many different colours and styles. I love how varied every ones work is.

katherinem

I love ink blue - I have some beads, I now just have to try to get a better photo to show.

Calico Cat

Had another go at making one of Melanie's Indian Elephants - had to be made in heffalump of course, but she has ink blue over white spots on her trunk and an ink blue tail.

The flower in this one is also ink blue over white.

Watch this space for new Etsy shop . . .

Nicknack

At last I've managed to get my photos downloaded!  Bought a card reader.

I'm rather pleased with this set - it's a variation (more slapdash!) on a technique shown to us at the last Devon Flame Workers meeting by Jennie Lamb (Thanks Jennie :D).  Mainly Ink Blue with other blues in the patterns.  Sorry it's a rotten photo, the camera refused to focus on it.

P2147593 by nicknack2014, on Flickr
I love everyone else's beads - some beautiful work!
Nick

Kalorlo

Those are very pretty, Nick!

I made a flower with ink blue and white petals. (Any idea what type of flower it might be? I made it more ruffled than the roses).

Yellow friend

www.crocosmiajewellery.com
www.crocosmiajewellery.etsy.com

Katie

WOW!

I am completely in awe of all of these amazing beads.

You are a very talented lot!

;D

GaysieMay

Beautiful beads everyone and yet another glass to add to my wish list - I can't believe I don't have this one!
www.GaysieMay.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/gaysiemay

Skyblue

More lovely beads ! nik I love that set :)

Nicknack

Quote from: Skyblue on February 27, 2013, 03:42:34 PM
More lovely beads ! nik I love that set :)

Thanks Lorna!  The picture's come out really dark, it's much nicer IRL.  One of the few things I'm quite happy with :D.

Nick

Magpie

Great beads!

I finally got some torch time and found my ink blue (for some reason I thought it was the same sort of colour as Leaky pen, couldn't be more wrong!).

New beads!!!! by HelenPetersBeads, on Flickr

The bluey green ones are leaky pen, apologies for not sorting them and photographing properly, but no time yet!

Pandanimal

My In Blue Bead. Ink blue encased white stringer, at different depths, over a white core

DSCF9670 by Pandanimal, on Flickr

Amber

Ink blue...one of my favourite glass colours  ;D