Adding a step to an existing firing schedule on a Bead Cube?

Started by helbels, January 12, 2013, 08:34:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

helbels

Hi guys

I was trying to add a segment into an existing firing schedule on a bead cube today and couldn't for the life of me figure out how to do it.   The up and down arrows let me adjust the values that were already there, but I couldn't find a way to insert an extra segment in the middle of the existing programme.

Does anyone know how to do it?

Thanks

Helen.

Sarah A

I'm not near my kiln at the moment but as I do this all the time I'm hoping I can do it from memory! You can't just add a segment in the middle of the program but change segments by using the key where you can scroll through the program til you get to the bit you want to add and change this using the arrow keys then press the button to look at the next part of the program and adjust if needed with arrows. It is a good idea to write the program down first so that you can 'add in' the program that was already there and include soak times even if they are 0 as this is what I usually forget. I hope this makes some kind of sense if not I can post clearer instructions when I'm in front of the kiln.

Zeldazog

Yup, pretty sure Sarah's right, you cant' simply 'insert' a segment in the middle of others.

On my old Hotstart and the Hobbyfuser (which I think has the same controllers as Beadcube), if you want to add an extra segment anywhere, you have to alter the segment at the change point and 'move' all subsequent steps on one from that point, if you get what I mean.

So, say you originally had a program like this

1 - ramp 100dph, temp 500, hold 0.30
2 - ramp 50 dph, temp 800, hold 0.15
3 - ramp 999dph, temp 482, hold 0.30
4 - ramp 83 dph, temp 371, hold 0
5 - ramp 999 dph, temp 50, hold 0

and you wanted to add a bubble squeeze of 50 dph from 500 to 600, you have to then reprogramme step 2 with the new ramps, temperature and hold, then adjust step 3 to read what was in step 2, adjust step 4 to read what was in step 3 and so on.

In this case, when you reach the new step 6, it will be 'empty' but that is still the same in that you have to adjust the parts of the step to read the previous step 5.

That's the way I have always had to do it if I've wanted to add a segment later.

Lee - Kilncare

correct correct correct
If you add a segment then you need to move all the ones after it, back a segment manually if that makes sense

TWITTER @kilncare
VISIT US ON FACEBOOK FOR THE LATEST ON US.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoke-On-Trent-United-Kingdom/Kilncare-Ltd/238801689732