gallery archive 13

Started by Pat from Canvey, December 31, 2012, 09:51:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat from Canvey

If this is incorrect mods, please change.
The outline was traced from a newspaper. Later beads I've just  drawn myself. This is a footballer shouting.

and this is the off mandrel heart I mentioned in an earlier post as a quick additional pressie for second son's partner,

June

Love those Pat  :)   I don't know when I last posted in here, must have been absolutely ages ago, so here's a couple of recent beads!

Made using Fire Lotus (and I got some colour out of it  ;D)

Titania by beaujolaisbeads, on Flickr

And another focal inspired by a picture I came across

Flavius by beaujolaisbeads, on Flickr

Anyway, happy New Year to everybody and let's hope we have another year filled with lots of pictures of beautiful beads  :) :)

DementedMagpie

Ooh, June, love the colours on that first bead!

I've been spending some quality time with the new Minor setup I recently bought. I have enough heat to make brass wire bubbles easily, yay! (Next on the "to do" list: get to grips with not overheating them) So these are some friends' Christmas presents: 

Earrings 2012-12-27 1 by Demented Magpie, on Flickr

I have also been trying out my first ever press, which was a very welcome birthday present:

2012-12-27 02 by Demented Magpie, on Flickr
Kathy

Blog - Flickr - Etsy - Facebook

Kalorlo

Very cool, Pat!
June, those are both lovely.
Kathy, I really like the bubbly earrings  ;D

Here's what I made at the end of 2012.

Some pressies: gremlins, a baby quaggan from Guild Wars 2, plus Iron Man and Hawkeye.

This was a prototype for my entry for the Winter competition.

I was making some jewellery at the end of last year so made some simple sets of the kind of thing I was finding I was using: a focal and a bunch of coordinating spacers. I was wondering if the red/turquoise set would fit the 60s theme, but I have a better plan for that.

These were for the Craft Pimp "Out of your comfort zone" challenge. I haven't used my heart press in ages, never used my CZs before, and got out the nasty devitrifying striped pink and the not-so-nasty but still very devitrifying Reichenbach purple rose. They're encased in Effetre rose quartz here. I think the striped pink one came out ok (the plain spacers I tried making with it were still a disaster) but I don't like the purple one much at all. Don't like the colour distribution or the CZ placement or that I made a twist then melted it in before putting the CZ on top... Anyway! Last, a pair of CiM plum little hearts.

helbels

Gorgeous wigwag bead Linda, you're so talented.  I have some of Madeline's wigwags but have never used them - maybe I should give it a go
Rosenquartz - loving seeing your progress, keep going!
Heather - all gorgeous, as normal.

I don't have anything very exciting to show this week, mojo has gone a bit missing, but here we go:

IMG_0310 by Alchemy Lampwork, on Flickr

IMG_0316 by Alchemy Lampwork, on Flickr

Dee Dee

The footballer bead is amazing and the heart is very pretty Pat!
I love the fire lotus bead June, fab!
Lovely lentils, Kathy and the earrings are great!
Loads of loveliness Heather, I love the baby quaggan, Iron Man and Hawkeye.
Cool pendants Rosenquartz!
Linda, the wigwag bead is brilliant - I really like the edges!
Beautiful sets Helen, there's definitely mojo there!!

Was making beads yesterday in 40 degree heat - flip it was hot!  Today will be hotter I think...

A new set of Inner Depth beads....

INNER DEPTH - Green and Red Oval Bead Set by Beads by Stephanie, on Flickr

INNER DEPTH - Green and Red Oval Bead Set by Beads by Stephanie, on Flickr

Kalorlo

I love the aqua set, Helen!
Steph: lurvely  ;D

I think this is the last set left over from last year:

Lauscha silver crystal over deer brown/rose tea. Love the way these look.

Pat from Canvey

I had a horrible thought when making this bead that I'd mixed COE's so didn't want to spend time adding more decoration. It didn't crack so I must just have been confused!!!

I didn't get confused with this one, just wanted to leave it plain,

The first word was meant to be "love" but I didn't leave enough space between the down and up strokes.

MyPrecious

Lovely work everyone! I have a new bracelet to show:

Teal Floral Bracelet by Kathryn Greer, on Flickr

Teal Floral Bracelet by Kathryn Greer, on Flickr

The encased florals created for this bracelet are just under 12mm.

I love the last ring Trudi! :)
Kathy

My website

spexy

Love your inner depth beads Dee Dee.

I've been playing with Reichenbach Light and Dark Multi. Got some pretty colours. Show up better in the pictures than in real life though.

Reichenbach glass by Earthshine Lampwork Bead and Jewellery Design, on Flickr

Lotti

OOh, lots of lovlies this week.

Pat, love the footballer! :)
June, VERY envious of the colours you got out of Fire Lotus!
Kathy, love the bubbles and the colours in the lentils.
Heather, all just lovely as always.
Rosenquartz, very clever, like these. :)
Spexy, love the wigwag bead and you got great colours of the reichenbach (I have to quietly confess to being rather obsessed by the multi's, they do wonderful things with silver glass!). :)
Helen, so fresh
Steph, love these and love the colour combo
Trudi, the golden round ring (bottom one) is very lovely.
Kathy (MP), so spring like, very beautiful. :)

Haven't posted in here in ages for various reasons but as these were about to go onto Etsy and only needed another little sizing tweek to go on here thought I should put them up.  More of the same DH obsession, but trying to get stocks up for the summer and get Etsy stocked up.  Have just got the Drew Fritts marble book (thank you Janet) and planning on doing more of those soon!

helbels

Wow, lovely colours Linda - you clearly don't have the "duff" batch of Multicolour dark that I have!!
Lotti - those beads are really pretty and have some lovely depth to them

I forgot that I have another focal to show:

IMG_0324 by Alchemy Lampwork, on Flickr

Dee Dee

Gorgeous focals Linda, Lotti and Helen - beautiful!

And thanks all for the compliments on my Inner Depth set!

Got a heart to show...

Hearts & Flowers - Red & White Heart Lampwork Focal Pendant Bead by Beads by Stephanie, on Flickr

Rachel B

Haven`t posted in a while, here`s a focal that didn`t turn out how I expected it too, needless to say I couldn`t stop grinning!
Fab beads too Steph!

Calisto by Puffafish Lampwork, on Flickr