Boro sculpting with Paul Garofalo?

Started by Redhotsal, November 19, 2012, 09:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhotsal

Hi Boro folk,
I've recently been talking to Mr Paul Garofalo who is a boro sculptor extraordinaire, currently working at Disneyland Paris (as you can probably tell from the photos). ;D
Paul may be in the UK in the New Year and was wondering if anyone would be up for some boro sculpting lessons? I'm just testing the water at the moment to gauge interest so don't have any idea of dates or prices, but we could probably hold a day/2 day class at Diana East's studios in Leicestershire (Shhh...I haven't asked her yet!  ;)) as she has bottled oxy. All the sculptures are boro - I can't believe the amount of fluidity he has gotten into his work - I'm certainly going to have a go, so if you could just give my your feedback I'll see if it's all possible. Saying yes on here doesn't commit you, by the way  :) Also - if you've never used boro don't let that stop you, but I do think you need to be slightly better than beginner level to get the most out of this:

Marcel

How cool and he does all that on a national  ;)
i wish my money tree would grow but if it did
sounds like a cool workshop.

Calico Cat

Depends on dates/cost, but I might be up for that  ;D

Watch this space for new Etsy shop . . .

Steampunkglass

Lotti

Um, well bearing in mind that I have been thinking about dipping my toe in the world of Boro! :)

Kalorlo

Nina A

Ben

I'd be interested in knowing more....that's as much commitment as you'll get out of me at this stage  ;)

andrew.spencer.2

I'd be keen to go, it sure looks like he knows his stuff!

Moira HFG

I might be interested; but there's a course at Glass Hub I fancy, and I couldn't afford both.

Pat from Canvey

Emma @ Tuffnell Glass

MyPrecious

I might just go and see him at Disney! ;D I'd love to be in one of the classes but it's a bit far for me. :)
Kathy

My website

Red Dragon

Bob