MONTHLY COLOUR CHALLENGE - JULY 2012

Started by Kaz, July 10, 2012, 07:08:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaz

The colour of the month challenge is jointly sponsored by Off Mandrel (thank you Sean and Gillian!) and Frit Happens!

Each month the lucky winner, chosen by a random number selector, will receive a £20 gift voucher to spend on-line with Off Mandrel. The draw will take place at the end of JULY so make sure you get your entries in to be in with a chance to win the goodies!

A reminder that the entries should be new work.

So, the colour for the month for JULY 2012 is EFFETRE TRANSPARENT LIGHT VIOLET (041). Come on let's see your creations!

Good luck!
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

LilLizaJane

Hmmmm. Now that's appealing! *goes to rummage in her glassy stash*
maintaining eccentricity in the midst of madness
www.LilLizaJane.etsy.com.  (aka Beth)

Pandanimal

Kaz, I have a load of transparent purples, some of which are not labelled. I have just looked on tufnels because that is where most of my glass is from and he doesn't have any 41. He has 40 and 42. So I'm guessing my unlabelled bunch isn't what's required because I'm sure it was from Martin. Where do you get 41 from?

MadelineBunyan

JKC

Ooh, just checked my stash and found a little bundle of this colour, now I just need to escape from the visitors long enough to get to make something. Janet

Skyblue

Ive just been playing with the one rod I have of this, so hopefully something will come out of the kiln, thats worth looking at :)

Pat from Canvey

spexy

Trudi

Thank you ladies .... I have a habit of usually reaching for ink blue, so it was nice to be reminded of different purples. Amazing how they can look so similar in the rod but so different when you use them!

Lynnybobs

Very pretty - I will have to get some of this colour to play with !
Lynnybobs
----x----

Glassy Lou

I love those discs. I found some rods labelled Light Violet in my stash but there's no code and the rods look quite dark. Would those be the right ones, or do your rods look lighter?

Amber

The rods do look very dark, sounds like they're the right ones  :)

Glassy Lou

Trudi

Quote from: Amber on July 16, 2012, 07:27:58 PM
The rods do look very dark, sounds like they're the right ones  :)

Yep they do look dark in the rod!