Frit-Happens !
January 19, 2021, 09:34:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
your ad here
News:
Where are you?? Add yourself to the NEW FHF map here  | On flickr? Join our Frit Happens group: here

VISIT THE WIKI HERE
Get FH Status updates via twitter @FritHappens

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: help  (Read 7020 times)
beadworm
« on: April 15, 2012, 11:06:02 AM »

hi
does any one know where to get bullseye glass for a good price? Huh
SilverGems89
Forum Member

Hot Cheeks

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 11:10:27 AM »

http://www.warm-glass.co.uk/

Do lots of Bullseye, rod, sheet and compatible products

Madam Steph
Forum Member

Jon Snow just CAN'T be dead!

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 11:15:31 AM »

Cloe....

try these: http://www.glassstudiosupplies.co.uk/

Sue Lemming and I took a drive down there at the beginning of the year.
The lady there couldn't be more helpful and they have a great range of rods and other ecoutrements

Linda x

Glyn Burton
Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 11:28:53 AM »

Warm glass are the preferred retailer for Bullseye in the UK they offer a fantastic service and keep a good range of products. They offer a discount if you are a bona fide  student if not they offer a scheme where if you buy a certain amount in a year you get a discount. If you buy in large quantities the discount can be very good. Bullseye is not a cheap glass but it is very reliable and in my view well wort the money.
Purple Cobwebs
Forum Member

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 12:02:58 PM »

And there's still 30% off the rods at Warm glass at the moment. Grin

Gaynor
Making beads, cards and jewellery to raise funds for Viva and Dr Hadwens Trust!
www.purplecobwebs.co.uk
Madam Steph
Forum Member

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 06:06:06 AM »

Warm glass are the preferred retailer for Bullseye in the UK they offer a fantastic service and keep a good range of products. They offer a discount if you are a bona fide  student if not they offer a scheme where if you buy a certain amount in a year you get a discount. If you buy in large quantities the discount can be very good. Bullseye is not a cheap glass but it is very reliable and in my view well wort the money.

I'm am slightly confused, Glyn.
I don't understand about preferred retailers and Bullseye glass, my being a 104 coe user

Linda

Glyn Burton
Forum Member

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 12:52:12 PM »

Although there are a few people in the UK who sell Bullseye glass Warm Glass are recommended by Bullseye as their preferred retailer. They keep the biggest stocks and have the closet links with Bullseye, so its Bullseye's preference not mine (although they are). I hope this clarifies things.
flame n fuse
Forum Member

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 01:16:09 PM »

Hi Beadworm, Noting that you are in Devon, I can also recommend Warmglass, but also more central in Bristol is creative glass guild who also sell Bullseye, which is very good to visit. (not visited warmglass) - though I expect they're good for visits as well.
Madam Steph
Forum Member

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 01:22:27 PM »

It's crystal clear that you are recommending your preferred retailer, Glyn.

However, after extensively scouring the the internet info and Bullseye Company's site and info. I'm still at a loss.

I could be reading past the recommendation, by Bullseye.

You know what my eyes are like   Smiley

Linda x

Kalorlo
Forum Member

Heather Kelly Glass

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 03:35:28 PM »

Warm Glass have a page with the information from Bullseye about what preferred partners are: http://www.warm-glass.co.uk/CMS-cms-37.html

Says "Bullseye Glass Preferred Partners are teaching studios that have demonstrated superior service and product availability to kiln-glass makers these ways:" ... etc.

Lakelady
TurnerRoweGlassArt
Forum Member

Shakin that gl ass!

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 03:40:46 PM »

Hi Beadworm, Noting that you are in Devon, I can also recommend Warmglass, but also more central in Bristol is creative glass guild who also sell Bullseye, which is very good to visit. (not visited warmglass) - though I expect they're good for visits as well.

I have been to the Creative Glass Guild - it's lovely to wander round and they have some lovely stuff- if they now have their lampwork studio up and running, you will hopefully get better advice than I did re lampworking...

Turner Rowe Glass Art
Madam Steph
Forum Member

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 04:50:18 PM »

Warm Glass have a page with the information from Bullseye about what preferred partners are: http://www.warm-glass.co.uk/CMS-cms-37.html

Says "Bullseye Glass Preferred Partners are teaching studios that have demonstrated superior service and product availability to kiln-glass makers these ways:" ... etc.

Thanks, Heather.

Preferred partner - not preferred retailer.

That puts quite a different slant on things.

Still couldn't find anything on the Bullseye site about it, and obviously nothing naming one of it's retail outlets being preferred over another.

L x

noora
Glassy Swede
Forum Member

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2012, 02:14:00 AM »

Thanks for the tips, guys! I prefer the one with the best prices since I have to order online anyway Smiley I've ordered from Warm Glass so far since I didn't know about those other two places.
Glyn Burton
Forum Member

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2012, 02:42:10 AM »

I hold my hands up and admit I was wrong, preferred partner is the correct term. It just goes to show how we should all check our facts before posting. Sorry for any confusion.
Madam Steph
Forum Member

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2012, 04:19:33 AM »

It's no problem. We all do it at some time.
Confusion over

L x

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: