MONTHLY THEME CHALLENGE - APRIL 2012!!! WINNERS ARE NOW UP

Started by Kaz, April 03, 2012, 10:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chipperpottery

Just loving all those juicy oranges and reds.
This is my offering.

BHB Flame Off by Avalon Beads, on Flickr

noora

I noticed Effetre Electric Yellow got wispy opaque streaks when you treat it right, so I tried to make it do something flamey. Sorry about the wonky shapes, it looked like it got mucky so I didn't bother finishing the shapes, but then when it got out of the kiln it was fine. I'm still trying to figure out what exactly you have to do to make it turn wispy like that, but I'm not sure I'll have time to do anything better than this before the end of the month so I'm posting these now even though they are wonky  :)

nete

This is only my second post and my first photo! Here goes... anything could happen now...

My entry - Flame Off Toaster! Cos I couldn't go, :'( I thought I'd have my own flame off toaster.
(photo's not brilliant as the sun refused to shine and I was using silver black but I hope this will give you a laugh) ;D
Nete

faystuart

Well here goes as I'm not sure i've done this right!

My first offering for the Monthly challenge - Flame off

CIMG0118 by faystuart, on Flickr

spexy

Here is my offering, just made it in time. I have been working on a variation of my petal beads which I am calling Fire beads. Hope you like.

miss softpaw

wow spexy those are lovely. All the beads on here are lovely

BeeBeads

All the beads this month are really lovely!
Spexy Linda - wow .. I love those Fire Beads!

Lakelady

Nete - the toaster beads are genius, lovel them  ;D
Turner Rowe Glass Art

Pauline

ok my first time on here so here goes....post flame off memories

P1010434 by seally beads, on Flickr

the rainbow of colours everywhere at flame off

theknittinggoddess

No obvious flame off connection? It's the evil eye I gave my other half all weekend as she had the bad idea of having her birthday on the same weekend as flame off. Sob.

Sin

spexy

theknittinggoddess

I did think flame off would be a lovely birthday treat. Herself thought otherwise. So spent a fortune online instead. Oops!

tomcat

after looking at all the fab clever and really skillfully made beads here i was not going to put anything up for this but finally I got something not too awful, just dont look too closely at the sizes - supposed to be pairs either side of a central focal  >:(

ho hum more practice - less haste ! (oh and they need cleaning as well!)
Mark - Blog - http://beadsbeerandphotos.blogspot.co.uk/
Life is not a game - its THE game, so play it like you mean it
A Long time ago in Egypt cats were worshipped as Gods, cats have not forgotten this !

spexy