Main Menu

new reichenbach

Started by mindy23, September 02, 2007, 01:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

*rowanberry*

What i do is run a session at 550c, anneal them at 550c, then ramp down to 520c and do my effetre then (thats with garaging anyway).

Sometimes I mix the 550c CIm stuff with a bit of effetre but I still anneal it at 550c.

I hope that helps?
Claire

MangoBeads

Anyone having any luck with The new Iris Orange 104 - I still prefer Raku original-cant get nout but poo !Thought it was supposed to be easy ! :-\

astringofbeads

I just got mine today, but sadly postie arrived just after I had finished beading ::)  So it's first on my list for tomorrow ;D

MangoBeads

ooh let me know ! I'm having trouble with a few colours think I am out of practice !

astringofbeads

What you having trouble with Manda? Shout out ;D

turnedlight

Quote from: MangoBeads on September 12, 2007, 07:44:11 PM
Anyone having any luck with The new Iris Orange 104 - I still prefer Raku original-cant get nout but poo !Thought it was supposed to be easy ! :-\
I have just tried with mine, and I can't get any colour changes either- I have only had raku frit before, so I will try making some frit from this, and see if that's any better..
kathryn

*rowanberry*

I just got mine, i guess I should have a play today then....
I do hope it comes out with the colours! a 104 raku sounds too tempting!
Claire

MangoBeads

Quote from: astringofbeads on September 12, 2007, 11:17:36 PM
What you having trouble with Manda? Shout out ;D

Just getting any colour other than poo ! Martin says it comes right off the rod - not for me it dont ! tried treating as the ordinary Raku and still poo !

astringofbeads

Well I just had a quick play and got colour right away, I worked it pretty quick and it went bright green straight out the flame, so I let it cool then struck it a couple of times to get blues and lighter blues. Not much purples or pinks, but I remember someone saying the darker the rod the more pinks/purples you would get and my rods are really light. I encase one bead and the colours came out pretty light too . Will try and get a piccy later on

MangoBeads

I am seriously wondering if Martin sent me the right stuff!

I will try another rod and see if its any different - so  not jealous  ::)

Wanna see your pics !

turnedlight

Please tell me how you did it! Here are mine- first one is the raku over silver leaf, second is just swirls over ivory (went dark from repeated attempts!) third is swirled with trans greens. Very disheartening!  :'(
kathryn

Mary

Well I got my 104 raku yesterday. Not as colourful as 96, but I think I overcooked it. And it faded a bit in the kiln too. A bit more work required!

Les

They are atill very pretty though Mary :)

Lovely and subtle... especially the centre bicone :)

That nugget on the left is flippin ace though ;D

Mary

Cheers Les! The other nuggets are encased, that one is just over clear. I like it best un-encased!

Les

Well it worked a treat !!!!

It's LOVELY !!!