Main Menu

a nice yellow?

Started by SilverGems89, October 25, 2011, 06:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

SilverGems89

So I am eagerly awaiting my first wage packet from my new job on thursday to do a nice big tuffer's order (just in time to take advantage of the 10% off effetre offer yipeee!) and would really like to add a nice opaque yellow to my stash, the only one i have currently is effetre bright acid yellow and, well, i think it is grotesque! So suggestions please? something not too bright but not too pastel....

;D

princess pink

Umm I like vetro odd lemon meringue or banana cream but you'd have to order from
Frantz

Enchanted Cobwebs

Quote from: SilverGems89 on October 25, 2011, 06:40:06 AM
the only one i have currently is effetre bright acid yellow and, well, i think it is grotesque! So suggestions please? something not too bright but not too pastel....

;D

Cant make any sensible suggestion on a nice yellow as not yet found one, but if you dont like acid yellow avoid daffodil as its very similar, I have both and never came up with anything nice to use them for

Anyone have any colour combination suggestions to use these yellows?
Now I can play all day as I retired from the 'proper' job....
http://www.enchantedcobwebs.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/EnchantedCobwebs

Kalorlo

I like dark yellow and pastel yellow - they're warm, beginning to tend to light orange.

I dunno if Martin still has any Vetro banana cream left - that's a nice less acid yellow.

helenfc

Definitely Effetre Opaque 418. I cant remember what Tuffnells call it, but it is a lovely rich colour but not too bright. There is Opal Yellow too, but tis pricey :( xx

MadelineBunyan

I'm not a good one to ask, becuse I actually like acid yellow! but then you know this.
but I do wonder which you have, because lately there is some paler stuff about, which I like, but I wanted the solid bright stuff

418 pastel yellow is not really pastel or yellow, its yummy though, its more of a pale orange

Enchanted Cobwebs

Quote from: MadelineBunyan on October 25, 2011, 08:11:50 AM
I'm not a good one to ask, becuse I actually like acid yellow! but then you know this.
but I do wonder which you have, because lately there is some paler stuff about, which I like, but I wanted the solid bright stuff

418 pastel yellow is not really pastel or yellow, its yummy though, its more of a pale orange

other than turquoise, any suggestions on what this acid yellow plays nice with? (certainly doesnt like ivory!)
Now I can play all day as I retired from the 'proper' job....
http://www.enchantedcobwebs.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/EnchantedCobwebs

Shirley

Can I recommend one that's a bit different? Effetre Mimosa. It's one of the cool colours and Martin might still have some. There are two shades and the lighter one is a primrose shade. It's sort of translucent. My favourite yellow. :)
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

Trudi

Have you tried etching the acid yellow ...... tis nice!

MadelineBunyan


acid yellow and more acid yellow by madelinebunyan, on Flickr


flower lentil by madelinebunyan, on Flickr

this ones what I think of as proper acid yellow, and I want some more!
the first pic, the top is this kind, and the bottom is the paler variety, which I also like.

Enchanted Cobwebs

Those are really lovely!

Now I can play all day as I retired from the 'proper' job....
http://www.enchantedcobwebs.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/EnchantedCobwebs

Lush!

Another vote for 418, although I agree its more orange than yellow - works great with sky blue though, lovely outline effect.

I love Mimosa too, especially over white.

Effetre Testing by LushLampwork, on Flickr


www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

Shirley

I never get mimosa that bright, Julie. It's probably with the white under. I like the subtlety of it as a yellow.
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

Lush!

I don't think I really gave it much of a go on its own, the colour of the rod put me off!  I bet it would be great etched though ....


www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

tinker

I can't get mimosa to do that even over White. It just looks like stringy yellow snot!