Fusing glass in your Bead cube.

Started by Passionatelamper, October 24, 2011, 12:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Passionatelamper

Hi Guys I have very kindly just had this email from Lee at Kilncare he has sent me this so I am sharing it with you for those who are trying to do your fusing in the Bead Cube.
Let's hope this works.  ;D :D ::) Errrr.right..ok...Duh! what? ummm.....oh hang it....  ;D :D ::)

FUSE

Segment                      Rate Hr/hr                                Temperature                  Hold time                                                                                                          (hr: min)

1. Initial Heat                150oC /hr                                 to 538oC                       0:10
2. Rapid Heat                AFAP* or 9999oC /hr                  to 785oC                       0:20
   Process Soak
3. Rapid Cool                 AFAP* or 9999oC /hr                  to 538oC                       0:45
   Anneal Soak
4. Anneal Cool               182oC /hr                                 to 427oC                       0:15
5. Cool to room temp      AFAP* or 9999oC /hr                  to 25oC                         0:00
With the kiln being programmed to rise as fast as possible in segment 2, it may mean that the controller shows an error reading of F5 which means it overshot the target temperature of 785c. If this happens then add a figure into segment 2, say 400 degrees an hour. This should help prevent error 5.

etsy-header-dec12 by vonnie.t, on Flickr

Sarah9959

Thanks for sharing this Vonnie, not got into fusing yet but would like to try, although would need plenty of time to understand the schedule!!

Sarah

Hazel

Vonnie
This programme looks a bit hotter for Bullseye than I would use - did he specify what type of glass this is for?

Zeldazog

Interesting Hazel - I used to take Bullseye to 795 in the Hotstart - Bullseye say around 804, however new boy, Kiln Bill seems to happily fuse at 775 (possibly even get lowever)