Can anyone help with my Cricket, please?

Started by Madam Steph, June 29, 2011, 08:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mizgeorge

last post on page one http://www.frit-happens.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=27229.0

The easiest way to find something from a given member is just to search their posts ;)

Madam Steph

Quote from: mizgeorge on June 30, 2011, 04:19:40 PM
last post on page one http://www.frit-happens.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=27229.0

The easiest way to find something from a given member is just to search their posts ;)

Thanks on both counts, George.

I first saw that posting about a month ago and I DID remember your post 2 before it re the Oxycon and the Cricket  :)
Now to print it all out before I lose it again  :P

Madam Steph

Ok....I have fed and watered my grandson (Kyle), I have checked for leaky connections and now  :-\ I'm ready to turn on the Cricket/propane/Oxycon.

I'm not feeling brave  ::)

LilLizaJane

Go for it girl! It can only singe your fringe!
maintaining eccentricity in the midst of madness
www.LilLizaJane.etsy.com.  (aka Beth)

Madam Steph

Heheh!

What a flame thrower, Liza Jane!

After about 3 tries, I have a perfect flame, just like I saw at Flame Off back in April ;D

It's so quiet too. the only noise is the slight 'ticking over' of the Oxycon.

Thanks to Sean's (Off Mandrel) advice last Friday, I have a leak free Oxycon tubing to Cricket fitting and thanks to the girls on here, a likewise propane tubing. I also never realised till I read Sean's set up instructions, that I could/should leave the bar regulator on.
Being the worrier that I am (remember the bead release fretting), I had, with the HH, been turning off torch/regulator/propane.

I felt it wise while Kyle is here, not to start torching, so tomorrow night I can start to use the big girls torch  ;D

Blue Box Studio

Quote from: Redhotsal on June 30, 2011, 09:23:42 AM
Quote from: fionaess on June 30, 2011, 12:36:54 AM
Go to your local builders merchants and buy a small jubilee clip - they are pence !!

And also not legal, strictly speaking.

Interesting ... when Martin forgot to send me a new lemon clip thing, and I couldn't find them locally, he said to just use a jubillee clip [equally difficult to source locally] and it'd be perfectly safe.
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr