Two oxy's question

Started by puffin, March 24, 2011, 08:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puffin

I have my 2nd oxy today ( Ta Martin ) .

Hubby set it up tonight with the splitter for the oxys and we have tested it out but and this is the question

Should both pressure balls be on 4 like I would have thought they should have been.

However the one nearest me is going up and the one further away is staying down or coming up slowly. If this is not meant to be how do we sort it properly please as I do not want to use one more than the other I need them to be equal don't I .....
Stacey

A Little Love Goes A Long Way

www.sillymooz.blogspot.com

JaySpangles

You diddle the knobs on the oxycons until you get them about equal (here's me sounding like an expert - after only a week with 2!).  I can only get mine both up to 3, but it is still a considerable improvement on the single one. I remember someone telling me that you wouldn't get double the original output.  I don't know if I should expect to get more than 3.

puffin

thats what we were trying then made the mistake of reading the booklet , so looks like i will be spending the day doing it again  :) :)

ta for that

x

you do mean the knobs where the pressure bubble is dont you
Stacey

A Little Love Goes A Long Way

www.sillymooz.blogspot.com

JaySpangles

Yup - I started by turning both right down - with the gas on and the flame lit, (righty tighty) then gradually opening them both up (lefty loosy) until I got them the same, and both as high as they would go.

♥♥Tan♥♥

Yes, I too went the scientific route of knob twiddling, left a bit, right a bit, curse a bit, left a bit. ;)

Lush!

Hmm, one of mine is on 3, t'other is on 4 ...

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

Blue Box Studio

Quote from: JaySpangles on March 24, 2011, 08:36:23 PM
Yup - I started by turning both right down - with the gas on and the flame lit, (righty tighty) then gradually opening them both up (lefty loosy) until I got them the same, and both as high as they would go.

Thank god someone else has heard of righty tighty, lefty loosely - I said this to the plumber fixing the boiler this week and he thinks I am totally mad.
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr