Oxycon supplier - Tufnells or Off Mandrel???????

Started by Sarah9959, January 20, 2011, 04:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krysia@No98

Both Sean and Martin are very good.  (not that I have yet bought and oxycon - roll on flame off)

You can ring both repeatedly with seemingly basic or stupid questions and they will happily answer stuff over and over again.  See either at fairs and if they have a moment to breath they will happily have a banter or talk to you about glass or kilns or whatever!  And that goes for all the staff at the relevant shops.

Having had a piece of equipment from Sean go wrong (and it was completely not his fault) I can say hand on heart that he will do everything within his power to help you sort it out ASAP.  And he won't mind a bit that you've phoned him four or five times in as many hours asking if it should be doing that  ;D
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

Donna@Rockin' Beads

I even had home support from Sean when mine went wonky last February. He's a poppet (but then so is Martin  :D).

kerensky

Quote from: Donna on January 20, 2011, 07:40:42 PM
I even had home support from Sean when mine went wonky last February. He's a poppet (but then so is Martin  :D).

"I even had home support from Sean" would you like to elaborate? ;-)

Rikki

Got mine from Martin. It didn't work, he sent another despite being snowbound, it arrived damaged or something so didn't work either. Despite hubby and Martin's best efforts to cobble one working model from the two over the phone they failed but weren't sure if it was the oxycon or new torch. Original oxycon and torch were sent back and fixed; returned by Martin in full working condition within days. Can't praise Martin enough for all the effort he put into sorting this, would definitely recommend him! :D

Donna@Rockin' Beads

Quote from: kerensky on February 05, 2011, 08:16:07 PM
Quote from: Donna on January 20, 2011, 07:40:42 PM

"I even had home support from Sean" would you like to elaborate? ;-)
;D ;D
Don't worry. Gillian was there too!!!

Sarah9959

Thanks all

Went with Martin in the end. Got a cricket torch and oxycon, haven't looked back since.

Love being able to get the basic bead down so much faster and be able to spend more time on the decorative aspect.

Sarah

Fruddy

I got my entire hardware kit from Martin at Tuffnells (torch, oxy, kiln) and I can't rate him or his team highly enough.

fionaess

Quote from: June on January 20, 2011, 04:55:03 PM
Quote from: Cecilia on January 20, 2011, 04:43:09 PM
I bought mine from off mandrel as they gave 5% web discount but it was delivered from tuffnells. It is 2 years old and still well.

x

Mine too  :)

and me.....

If it's got a hole, it's a bead !

Emma @ Tuffnell Glass

DeanWilson