Main Menu

Sandstone reducing.

Started by Alison G, March 23, 2011, 10:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

awrylemming

I'm always happy with a houseful of glass  ;D  And I got some boro frit to play wiv today too, drool  ;D

helenfc

Quote from: awrylemming on March 24, 2011, 04:12:49 PM
I'm always happy with a houseful of glass  ;D  And I got some boro frit to play wiv today too, drool  ;D

Sue I am almost as excited about seeing your class stash as I am about actual flame off! ;D

Alison G

I've set em off lol

Thanks Stu, that sounds plausible!

I'm on my last rod Sarah but when I do a Frantz order, after FO now, I will get us some :)
NB. Do not touch hot rods of glass, it is stupid.

awrylemming

Quote from: helenfc on March 24, 2011, 04:14:51 PM
Quote from: awrylemming on March 24, 2011, 04:12:49 PM

Sue I am almost as excited about seeing your class stash as I am about actual flame off! ;D

Should I be getting the barbed wire ready?   :o  Looking forward to seeing how much glass you can stash up your jumper without me noticing  ;D

helenfc

*adds massive jumper to packing list*  ::)

Margram

Quote from: Special Kay on March 24, 2011, 12:25:35 PM
I taped a rod of ivory and opal yellow together, came out the same colour as sandstone.
Interesting - I must try that - also be interesting to see what it looks like mixed (you know what I mean - heat both rod ends jam together and squoosh/twist/mix)
Marg x  Etsy Flickr My blog

DeanWilson

I had a similar...well I shan't say problem as I quite liked the result with a blue Reichenbach colour- it was a barrel bead and reduced to a mirror shine but only at the ends!! Strange :P

Although I'm DYING to hear who the 'secret' tester is!! The Tuffnells one?! :o Because it was her (or him!!) who made me add goldstone ribbons to my order after seeing the example beads made with it!!! gorgeous!!! :o :o :o I'm dying in anticipation :P ;D xoxo

Lush!

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

Kalorlo

I think Julie has something in her eye  :D

Dean: was it iris blue? That one does go metallic if you reduce it - Reichenbach's ones called iris do that. (Though just to confuse everyone, iris orange strikes).