bead crochet

Started by elburnzo, January 16, 2011, 01:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elburnzo

hey there, i have been javing fun recently learning how to make seed bead crochet ropes for bracelets etc, (the weather was far too awful for the shedio). i'm still in the process of attaching clasps etc and will take pics asap but wondered if anyone else on here has tried bead crochet? oh and any pics would be a grand treat indeed :P

DragonflyLynne

I enjoy bead crochet - and it's a great project for travelling if you thread your beads before you leave home as then you can't spill beads all over the place!  ;D ;D

for chain maille supplies, kits & workshops, bespoke headpins, earwires and more! Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crispy and taste good with ketchup! Dragonfly (Lynne)

awrylemming

I can't crochet - but I used to do loads of bead knitting, a nice tidy way of beading and the cuffs were really popular.

sarah t

i do both but i usually make ropes with one of those bobbins with spikes but cannot for the life of me remember what they are called

elburnzo

oh right like one of those wee knitting doll things? i think i have one of those my gran gave me centuries ago lol

helenfc

sarah, they are so pretty!! love them! ;D

sarah t

thanks helen :-*
yes thats them ...  french knitting bobbin but i think mine is turkish ( well i got it in turkey ) and has an extra spike ... but really quick and easy ...looks like viking knit ...... wax thread and lush beads

crotchet is good for choas  necklaces too

★★Terri★★

Here's one I crocheted - wire a rose quartz chips.  I knitted a wire and bead one but don't think I have a photo and have done a few with a French Knitting dolly that I thought I had photographed but can't find them.

Resized the image ;D

Studio Girl

Love the bracelet we used to do something like that as kids
I think it was called scubydo does anyone remember this I am sure
we used cotton reels as bobbins

Margaret x

Louise Menzies

Sarah, I LOVEEEEEE this bracelet  ;D so sexy  :D

Louise x
Louise x
www.facebook.com/tootsieshandmade www.tootsieshandmade.etsy.com http://tootsieshandmade.blogspot.com

Les

Pat from Canvey

Have a look at http://www.wikihow.com/Finger-Weave  It's a great way to use up odd balls of wool.

ScarletLeonard

Oh lovely pieces sarah and terri.

I can't fathom it, I'll just stick to viking knit which is the closest to knitting I will ever come.

sarah t

SallyB

Hello

I like the photos I've seen here.  I've done some bead crochet.  I need to take some photos of some beads I've made and will attempt to remember to photograph the rope I've crocheted.

Sally