bead crochet

Started by elburnzo, January 16, 2011, 01:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SallyB

Hi

I don't know how long it took me I'm afraid.  I used to just do a bit when i could even if I was being driven somewhere. 

I hope you enjoy giving it a try.  I wasn't able to do it until someone actually showed me.  The starting off is quite tricky first time.  I'd recommend starting with beads larger than 11s.  I learnt with 8s and make sure they are very different colours the first time so you can easily see which is the right bead to use each time.

Sally

Ant

Silly question, but if you aren't supposed to cut the thread, do you have to work out exactly how many beads you're going to use and thread them all on before you start?  This is main thing that didn't seem clear from the tuts.  ???

MeadMoon

Quote from: Ant on January 13, 2012, 10:13:47 PM
do you have to work out exactly how many beads you're going to use and thread them all on before you start? 

Yes, that's the method I use.  Add a few extra to allow for miscounts...
Elaine at Mead Moon  Facebook  Etsy

SallyB

I always have believed that no question is a "silly" one.  Much better to ask than be one of the people who pretend to know what they are doing when they don't have a clue.

I hope you make something you like very much.

Sally

Ant

Wow, well then you must have had to thread on several million beads to make your long rope then, Sally!  ;D ;D ;D

If I succeed in making anything, I'll post a piccie of it to show you.

SallyB

Mine was done in sections because it went from light to dark it was easier to do it in bits and join them together as I went.

Sally

Ilona

I am looking forward to having a go at this. I have some seed beads, and I am sure I have a hook somewhere :)