Frit-Happens !
April 19, 2021, 01:49:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
your ad here
News:
Where are you?? Add yourself to the NEW FHF map here  | On flickr? Join our Frit Happens group: here

VISIT THE WIKI HERE
Get FH Status updates via twitter @FritHappens

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: AOTM January 2011 - Resolutions  (Read 11617 times)
sparrow
I hold with those who favor fire.

I'm working on a dream...

« on: January 01, 2011, 04:08:54 AM »

Happy New Year!

Soooooo, you've been ogling images on AOTM for 12 months, it's the start of the new year, here's the plan!

What technique, style, colour combo, press, etc. do you want to try? What beadie-related resolution is there in your head (or heart...or purse Wink)? Let's hear them, and, with a bit of luck, you'll get a chance to try it before the end of this month, and we'll match resolutions with your 'LOOK, I'VE DONE IT!' pictures.

sparrow
I hold with those who favor fire.

I'm working on a dream...

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 04:09:50 AM »

Sooo, here's mine: I've been meaning to sort out a new website which includes sculptural work. Eek, now I said it, I'd better do it Smiley

Les
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 04:15:36 AM »

My resolutions don't really include glass per say .... but they are to be more business orientated and to get a handle on time management. Last year I got into a real mess with the whole business / family / housework stuff.

I am writing myself a timetable for my work days, cleaning days and research days and pinning it to the fridge.

Nothing specific yet, but I definitely want to spend 2011 developing a more concrete business footing.

On a beady note though ... I'd really like to get better at florals and encasing Smiley

chipperpottery
Life passes by when melting glass.
Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 05:02:56 AM »

First I really wan't to do a stock take of my studio ceramics, this I wan't to down size.
Second, get to grips with my new camera and Pracice getting my ideas and beads right.
Tidy the studio....now where do I start  Huh

This is my workspace looking the other way by Avalon Beads, on Flickr

Les
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 05:12:10 AM »

I call it lived in Grin
What a great space you have Smiley

awrylemming
Forum Member

Slightly singed & very verbose

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 05:15:28 AM »

I want to be able to make a goddess who doesn't look like she belongs to a Martian monster race  Roll Eyes

Les
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 05:17:00 AM »

That's a great one to get your head around Smiley I've not made a goddess in a good couple of years now ...

ScarletLeonard
or Scarlett, or Scarlette
Forum Member

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 05:21:16 AM »

1. Sort out my Etsy shop (will be listing the first thing in months today.)
2. Make a real set of beads (a nice focal, some large pairs and spacers)
3. Get to grips with fine stringer control.
4. Attempt something sculptural.

There's probably more, I'm still not fully awake yet.

elburnzo
Forum Member

Must not set hair on fire again

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2011, 06:43:12 AM »

i want to get better at decorating beads! my colour combos are ok im my head n not so gd in practice!

I'm also trying to save which means going on a glassy diet Sad but i am saving for an oxycon so its not all bad Tongue

oh and i want to get better at photography.

other than tht its just the usual- diet, spend less etc

im sure theres thousands more tbh

SilverGems89
Forum Member

Hot Cheeks

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2011, 06:54:19 AM »

ok my resolution is, be more adventurous with decoration on my heart beads (frit and polka dots are not very exciting!) and open my Etsy shop (eeeeek, scary!)

MadelineBunyan
*insert custom title here*
Forum Member

Devon Glass Addict

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2011, 07:17:20 AM »

I need to list more of the stuff I make on my artfire and website. this means doing the dreaded pricing thing. I cant get my head around it when its loose beads, jewellery Im fine with though.

making wise, I'm having great fun making focals, but I really need to sit down and make smaller matched sets of beads for bracelets and earrings. sets are not my strong point, I'm too much of a butterfly and like to try out different things all the time, I have to force myself to even make two of something.

also, I'm getting a new studio, and I would like to try and keep it tidy and organised..chances of this are slim!

generally be more organised, and keep the motivation going from 'ooh I'll make some of those', right through to, 'I'll take a picture and edit it and list it' rather than leaving them in a pile that gets huge and scary and I don't know where to start!

garishglobes
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2011, 07:47:00 AM »

I would love to be more focussed and organised  Roll Eyes

More realistically, I'd like to learn more about glass sculpture and how to work boro colour on a larger scale. In fact, I'd just like to spend the year learning more about boro (clear and colour) and its many capabilities Smiley

There, how's that for focus? Tongue Cheesy Cheesy

Lotti
Blond and bonkers
Forum Member

Let me at that torch!

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2011, 08:03:25 AM »

Mine is to stop being scared and make some beads in my new outbuildio!  First fire today, but no beads as didn't turn the kiln on and forgot to make sure I have some vermiculite!  Try to make some decent beads and to use other techniques than frit (which I love and is brilliant, but I need to do other stuff too).  By the end of the year have my website set up and maybe start trying to sell beads/jewellery!  Oh yes and find a house to live in that is ours! Smiley

jammie
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are
Forum Member

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2011, 08:12:26 AM »

Last night my gas was so low pressure (the cold maybe)  it was really hard to melt the glass so....I am saving for an oxycon and torch. I really want a bobcat so a lot of saving to do.
First have to get to grips with all the bills and get them paid but still......... feel pretty determined so maybe this time next year.....tenner a week?  Smiley Problem being really not to get distracted by pretty glassy  things.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Try to do more torching when I can... and make some decent beads.

get computer fixed and hard drive as all our webby photos are there and get the new website up and running . Hussle DH (sure thats his resolution too)  Smiley

Hussle DD to take photos ( part of her glassy resolutions I'm sure) and get new stuff listed.  Smiley

Delana
New Forum Member

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2011, 09:19:36 AM »

I'm spending this year focusing more on some other areas of my life/business but the main thing I want out of the glassy side of things is just to get back to why I started all of this in the first place.  That would be to do something purely for the pleasure of doing it with out having shows, markets, orders, Etsy, etc. on my mind.  Doesn't mean I won't make beads.....just means I'm taking the pressure off.....just for a while so I can focus on some other important things!!.....Still planning to come to the Flame-Off though  Grin

Oh….and a clean up of the studio goes without saying!!
  Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: