AOTM January 2011 - Resolutions

Started by sparrow, January 01, 2011, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magpie

How about a sacreligious and controversial one.....

I will not spend money on glass this year.

Ouch! Nope, I'm going to use the stash I have and try to keep my spending under check. And if I get bored with that I'll melt some jam jars or wine bottles or play with the colours I really don't like. That's once I've spent my Tuffnells voucher of course. And I've decided that calling the funds in my paypal account 'not money' would be cheating, so that's off limits as well.

I'll let you know when/if I weaken.  ;D

Edit to add: Well it looks like I killed this topic with a really controversial resolution. So here's my not so serious one. At work most of the school is in portacabins temporary learning village while the main school is rebuilt. There's about 30 loos in the staff loo block. My resolution is that I shall wee in each and every one before we move out this summer. ;D

I'm off to run errands then will come back and spend my Tuffnells voucher on glass (not real money you see ;))

Kay24

I have a few resolutions can I add mine pls?

1. To post more on here, I am addicted to this site and always on here reading and looking but never post as I normally feel quite intimidated by all the beautiful beads and that I am just not good enough to post.
2. To spend more time at the torch and create some beads I actually feel confident in posting a pic of.
3. Diet, I seriously have got to do some dieting!  I am the heaviest I have ever been and after looking back at hol pics last night I seriously need to do something!

I'm sure there are more but I will keep it at those for the time being :)

Kay xx

ScarletLeonard

Well I manage my first one in making sets of beads. Though I would like to make some more fancier ones.

Margram

Ooh, do show your beads Kay! If you put them in the Show and Tell section it might not be so intimidating as the Gallery...

I don't make resolutions at New Year 'cos I know I will fail and feel miserable - but I do intend to lose some weight from February onwards.
Bead-wise - to spend more time making beads!, to clean them straightaway, to make more sets (butterfly-mind syndrome at the moment), to make more jewellery with my ever-increasing stash, to get enough good ones together to open an Etsy shop...to spend less time on the internet!! Wish me luck :)

Marg x  Etsy Flickr My blog

Les

Well owing to some unforeseen shit hitting the fan here, I am finding that I have to re-evaluate my resolutions already, and replace them with just the one ..... to not give up and let the business fold.

Rainbow1

I just recently got into Lampworking and I would say I am still at the learning stage. None of my beads are good enough to post on here yet, but hopefully soon with more practice they will be.

I really want to get to grips with Double Helix glass, Most of my attempts turn out like poo!

So my new year's resolution would be to make a half decent set of beads to show you all and to master Double Helix glass, wish me luck!

Jo x
Jo x

jammie

Wozup Les? Things were looking goodish for you hope its not going down the pan?  ???

Les

Looks like I'll have to be the sole breadwinner for the family for a while.... here's a link to my blog, to save hijacking this thread.

http://madasacat.blogspot.com/

puffin

Quote from: Helen G on January 04, 2011, 04:33:28 PM
I've got a few but not necessarily in this order!

1. Stop checking Facebook every hour  :-[
2. Get more organised with my time so I get out in the studio before midday
3. Take my poor neglected pooch for a walk every day
4. Be less grumpy with the kids
5. Drink less so I don't have to lie when I go for a heart check up  :-[
6. Keep my paperwork more up to date
7. Keep up to date with my blogging, photographing, bead listing etc
8. Keep better control of my finances!!!

A woman after my own heart  !!!

Stacey

A Little Love Goes A Long Way

www.sillymooz.blogspot.com

elburnzo

>:( i think im failing miserably at my resolutions already!

Les

me too .. well with the health related ones anyway ... I think I'm making progress on the business ones though :)

Helen G

aren't resolutions/rules made to be broken  ;)

Louise Menzies

Here Goes...

Personal:
* Save for our house deposit (Goal [Year 1] - £12,000)  ;D - On TARGET
* Book a holiday (honestly cannot wait for a holiday anywhere, as i have not had one for errrrr 6 years)
* Visit my friends and family more often
* Quit Smoking (.... update quit since 2nd Jan) - STILL QUIT
* Stop being shy and make more friends
* Develop my career (qualifications) in Human Resources - COURSE BOOKED TO START MARCH 31ST

Hobby:
* Insulate Studio & Design layout better
* Learn and take time to practise.. developing technique
* Promote more and look into shops/galleries

Louise x
Louise x
www.facebook.com/tootsieshandmade www.tootsieshandmade.etsy.com http://tootsieshandmade.blogspot.com

MadelineBunyan

an update on mine...

so far new studio is not finished. is not my fault, is builder and weathers fault.

but, that means I have not messed it up yet, so I feel I'm doing well!

sets..I have made one small set of 3 beads like my bigger focals I am pleased with, I will be making more! I even photographed it! but not so much of the listing yet. (that would be the pricing thing that I haven't done yet!) I also photographed some of the rest of the pile.

I have a vintage and handmade fair this weekend, so that should be good for making contact with some new customers, and a good excuse to load up my online shop with stuff as soon as I'm back.

so, I feel like I've made a start on all of them. this is good!

Lush!

Quote from: Lush! on January 01, 2011, 02:41:57 PM
Biggest job on my To Do list: work out what the heck I'm going to demo at Flame Off :o

Most exciting job: order skip and get started on my new studio  ;D

Ooh, I can tick off both of these ... I do believe I now know what I'm going to demo; and the studio is nearly finished  ;D ;D ;D

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com