Easy Ventilation.......

Started by ♥♥Tan♥♥, November 11, 2010, 07:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scubeadoo

Looks good - I need a ventilation system, but given the number of cannabis factories the boys in blue have been discovering round here (south east Essex) I'm a bit worried that ordering hydroponics equipment may be inviting a raid :o
www.etsy.com/shop/Scubeadoo
www.folksy.com/shops/Scubeadoo

awrylemming

Quote from: Scubeadoo on November 22, 2010, 10:41:34 PM
Looks good - I need a ventilation system, but given the number of cannabis factories the boys in blue have been discovering round here (south east Essex) I'm a bit worried that ordering hydroponics equipment may be inviting a raid :o

No need to worry, unless you've 50 pigeons warming their tootsies on your roof?  ;D ;D

Blue Box Studio

I wondered about that, then decided it would be a bit of a giggle so long as I get to the door before they smash it down.  They don't react very quickly, friends complained for months to the council that there was a funny smell coming from next door, there were never any lights on yet someone came and left each day.   Then the BiB amble round at snails pace, kick the door in and find one of the biggest cannibis factories ever found in the west country. Imagine their faces if they ambled down my garden path to find me making beads in the shedio.  It's nearly Christmas, you might be able to sell a few late presents?

A quick dash round my house and anyone with half a brain would realise I can't keep plants - my money tree is looking parched, the aloe vera is quite brown and the Christmas cactus is dead.  Do you think they'd turn over the front garden for me if I hinted at what might be buried under?  It needs doing and I can't afford Mr Muscle to do it for me; there is lots of interest, mostly (bind)weed and a bit of (couch) grass.

It's not warm enouigh in there for pidgeons to warm their tootsies on the roof.

Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

Krysia@No98

I don't worry about the police even with the funny smells coming from next door.  I am on the ground floor, they can just look through the window and see, should save the front door!

I have a progrow too, I love it.  This is mine  I have it going out of the air brick, saved making holes in the brick work or needing to open a window.

I also switch it on when I am soldering silver, dunno if it makes any difference  ::)

But here is my ventilation for my happy place

(gaud it looks sooo tidy!)
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

Scubeadoo

Quote from: awrylemming on November 22, 2010, 11:22:45 PM

No need to worry, unless you've 50 pigeons warming their tootsies on your roof?  ;D ;D

No chance for pigeons to warm their tootsies on the roof, we have just had the insulation in the loft topped up (DH qualified for a grant as he is over 60).
Trouble is 25 years worth of junk from the loft is now in the garage as the insulation is too thick over the rafters to put it back.
www.etsy.com/shop/Scubeadoo
www.folksy.com/shops/Scubeadoo

Hotglass28

I had a chuckle about this  ;D

Police will raid only if they are totally certain, the teams who investigate growers do other checks and unless your house is 40 degrees and looks like a hot spot from the police air helicoptors/planes .  Don't worry at all.

Denise

www.facebook.com/pages/The-Owl-Goes-Hoot/567182803365298
www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheOwlGoesHoot?ref=l2-shopheader-name

Blue Box Studio

Quote from: Hotglass28 on November 27, 2010, 03:31:45 PM

I had a chuckle about this  ;D

Police will raid only if they are totally certain, the teams who investigate growers do other checks and unless your house is 40 degrees and looks like a hot spot from the police air helicoptors/planes .  Don't worry at all.

DH won't let me turn the heating up to 40 degrees, skinflint  >:(

I did have a pot plant when I was at boarding school.  The nuns watered it for me in the holidays.  A beautifull plant, I always was honest and asked if they would water my pot plant.  OK it was in a pot as well.  Sadly someone pointed out to the nuns that is was a differnt pot to the one they were thinking about, and they burned it.  I recall getting detention for pointing out that was exactly what I was planning on doing with it too.  It grew very well in a cool dormitory.

Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

Krysia@No98

Quote from: Blue Box Studio on November 27, 2010, 07:23:30 PM
and they burned it.

Naughty Nuns, that's hardly setting a good example now it is   ;)

puffin

Quote from: Tan on November 11, 2010, 07:29:37 PM
Honest to god, I set it up by myself in ten minutes, how easy is that?

I bought this fan
http://www.progrow.co.uk/acatalog/info_3244.html

Its resting on a little stool in front of my torch with the sucky in hole facing me and the sucky out hole facing to the right.

I bought this ducting
http://www.progrow.co.uk/acatalog/info_1289.html and this clip http://www.progrow.co.uk/acatalog/info_350.html

I fed the mains lead down the back of my table to the sockets that the oxycon and kiln plug into, smooshed the ducting onto the sucky out hole and whizzed the clip onto it to hold it in place.

The ducting feeds down the gap at the back of the table and out the cat flap which is in the back door beside me, its strong enough to suck the nipples off a stripper and has more than passed the joss stick test.

No drilling, no fixing, perfect for a tight corner...........so glad I finally got this sorted and its so simple.

I know I needed it but I have spent a small fortune this month already. VERY BAD LADY you are Tan. My finger slipped and I have bought this product.

It had better be good and actually suck the nipples off a stripper .  :o
Stacey

A Little Love Goes A Long Way

www.sillymooz.blogspot.com

Trudi

What stripper are you going to test it on??  :D  :D

puffin

hmmmmm  ;D not that would be telling  ;)

Although hes not a stripper I think I will have Arton from strictly . I would put him in front of me allday

I have even gone for delivery before noon just so I have it
Stacey

puffin

my god what quick service I paid to arrive next day before 12pm and it came 9.30 this morning. I only bought it in the afternoon the day before.

I am stuck now though which hole is what . i.e which parts sucks the nipples off strippers and which part do i put the hose on to put out of the window. I know only 2 holes but people seem to have it in different ways. is it the big side with the hole the nipple stripper, then the thin side for the hose ????

Do not want to ask hubby as he does not know I have it yet  :o  And as he was in when it came you do not want to know where I hide it so he could not see  ::)
Stacey

Trudi

The bit where you can see the fan is the extractor part and the other is the one that takes the bad stuff out!

Krysia@No98

or switch it on stick your head in front of the holes the one that feels like a hair dryer, that's the hole you put the tubing on, the one put by the torch  ;)

Trudi

Quote from: Krysia on December 17, 2010, 12:06:57 PM

or switch it on stick your head in front of the holes the one that feels like a hair dryer, that's the hole you put the tubing on, the one put by the torch  ;)

Love the technical explanation!