Started by ♥♥Tan♥♥, November 11, 2010, 07:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trudi

Quote from: Funky Cow on November 11, 2010, 10:14:37 PM
Quote from: Tan on November 11, 2010, 07:29:37 PM
...its strong enough to suck the nipples off a stripper

ROFL  ;D ;D ;D

Said in true Tan style!

I have the same set up - it does make a little noise but it's not bad - and for me was no where near as annoying as my hot head!

Trudi

PS  - can I add that I didn't try to suck anyones nippes off - I stuck with the more trdtional test of the incense cone! :)

♥♥Tan♥♥

George it is much quieter than I anticipated, its up against my dividing wall from my neighbours and there is no way they would ever hear it, in easy terms I would say its not as noisy as a hairdryer.

Phone me up and I will turn it on for you to listen to if you like?

Trudi

Quote from: Tan on November 12, 2010, 03:22:09 PM
George it is much quieter than I anticipated, its up against my dividing wall from my neighbours and there is no way they would ever hear it, in easy terms I would say its not as noisy as a hairdryer.

Phone me up and I will turn it on for you to listen to if you like?

Now that's a smart idea!

Blue Box Studio

My daft question is how far is your end of the torch from the progrow fan?  My HH is on a piece of kitchen worktop so the end of the torch is only about 50cms from the wall.  Thinking my Plan B kitchen extractor fan won't stay the course, the fins catch when things get really hot, I'm thinking I might need to start saving for a progrow fan - which is plan c on my list anyway.  I don't want it to be too close so it moves the flame about (if such a thing happens).  I suppose the fan could fit into the hole in my wall, about 5' off the greound and the hose hang down to the flame, sort of elephant trunk style, but not sure what difference that'd make either. 
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

♥♥Tan♥♥

The end of my torch is 14 inches away from the sucky in bit but the sucky in bit is just above the flame, so it still does the sucky in thing but should'nt get too hot. THe unit sits flush against the wall and from the back of the unit to the very front of the sucky bit is ten inches.

It doesn't affect the flame in any way. The fins in these fans are metal although they are insulated with polystyrene so don't be poking around in there with naked flames or anything..

cbeadies

My set-up looks like this now - sorry, a bit messy, I am planning a tidy-up tomorrow!
I added a progrow 'reducer' and clamp to make a kind of funnel. The polystyrene bit in the fan doesn't get hot even though it is fairly near the torch but I did keep checking when I first set it up. I don't really find it noisy, there is some noise but, being on a hothead, I think the torch noise is worse!

Blue Box Studio

Thanks.  Oh that'll be ok on my set up then.  Once this fan dies (the way my day is going, I'll not try it tonight!!!!!) I'll have to spend on a progrow.
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

garishglobes

Ahhhhh.... I'd been a bit envious of you with your stripper nipples and waving willies, have been wondering why I didn't have any! Now I know - my fan is a bit further from the torch end than 14 inches.  Will have to move it closer!  ;D

♥♥Tan♥♥

julieHB

You two create very disturbing images in my mind!!!  :D
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

Fruddy

Quote from: Trudi on November 11, 2010, 10:28:06 PM
PS  - can I add that I didn't try to suck anyones nippes off - I stuck with the more trdtional test of the incense cone! :)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

puffin

14 inches ehhhh now I would like one of those !!!!!!

Gonna have to invest in one of these babies  :P no more shoes for the time being
Stacey

A Little Love Goes A Long Way

www.sillymooz.blogspot.com

Shirl

Trudi

Quote from: puffin on November 21, 2010, 04:22:50 PM
14 inches ehhhh now I would like one of those !!!!!!

Gonna have to invest in one of these babies  :P no more shoes for the time being

Ah but as you're not been able to wear all your shoes - all your old ones will seem like new anyway!!!