Main Menu

256 pink

Started by MangoBeads, May 22, 2007, 07:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MangoBeads

I made a pink bead with a black heart recently and thought i used the 256 Pink and  effetre back .

Every time i try to reproduce the black bleeds and weeps at the edges i have tried intense and it does the same - i have orders for the same bead and i cant do it! any suggestions would vetrofond be less likely to bleed or does anyone have any other pink and black combinations that work CIM pink gelly does the same i have tried working it real cool too still no luck i have attached a pic of the bead that has worked so you can see what i am trying to achieve !

beadysam

Hiya
Have you tried Vetro black?  Or a Reichenbach black?  Just a thought...

I haven't got any Vetro but I've got a bit of Reich black frit - you could pull stringer from it and try that.  PM me your addy if you want me to send you a bit to try hun ;)

LesleyMac

Lovely bead Manda, its so cute, you will sell loads of them ;D
I remember reading somewhere that if you heat the dots too quickly and too hot you don't get a sharp edge.
Just a thought but maybe thats the problem rather than the glass.  I would try it anyhow, melt slow and cool.
Sorry if I am teaching granny to suck eggs and you have already tried this. ;D
Lesley
Everyone is gifted, its just that some leave the wrapping on longer than others
(Richard Wilkins)

My Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5469196

astringofbeads

Any chance it could be the Ask pink lady's slipper? That looks the same colour from here ;)

Billie

Quote from: MangoBeads on May 22, 2007, 07:50:59 PM
I made a pink bead with a black heart recently and thought i used the 256 Pink and  effetre back .

Every time i try to reproduce the black bleeds and weeps at the edges i have tried intense and it does the same - i have orders for the same bead and i cant do it! any suggestions would vetrofond be less likely to bleed or does anyone have any other pink and black combinations that work CIM pink gelly does the same i have tried working it real cool too still no luck i have attached a pic of the bead that has worked so you can see what i am trying to achieve !

Have I gone mad or have the colours on that bead switched themselves....   ::)

Carol

Quote from: LittleBee on May 22, 2007, 10:17:21 PM
Have I gone mad or have the colours on that bead switched themselves....   ::)
Erm....want a serious answer Billie??  ;) ;D :D
Carol

beadysam

LesleyMac

Sorry Manda, should have read your post properly, you have already tried cool, maybe try slow then ;D
Lesley
Everyone is gifted, its just that some leave the wrapping on longer than others
(Richard Wilkins)

My Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5469196

BeadyBugs

Glad it's not just me! Thought I was seeing things, ;D

HP x
Helen P

Billie

Quote from: strawackie on May 22, 2007, 10:22:04 PM
Erm....want a serious answer Billie??  ;) ;D :D

Perhaps not  ;D ;D

Billie

Quote from: Helen P on May 23, 2007, 12:50:00 AM

Glad it's not just me! Thought I was seeing things, ;D

HP x

Phew!  :D

♥♥Tan♥♥

Les

♥♥Tan♥♥

I just see a pink bead with a black heart...what are you lot on?

BeadyBugs

Cheesy poofs Tan, work wonders for your eyesight they are almost a vitamin like choclit! ;D

But honestly, when I first read this post, just after Manda posted it, I could swear it was a black bead with a pink heart.  Me thinks the bead fairy is playing tricks....or it could be the E numbers! ;D

Hope you get it sorted Manda. :)

HP x
Helen P