THEME OF THE MONTH CHALLENGE - OCTOBER 2010 - WITH A PRIZE! WINNER UP!

Started by Kaz, October 03, 2010, 11:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaz

The theme of the month challenge is jointly sponsored by Tuffnels (thank you Martin!) and Frit Happens!

Each month the lucky winner, chosen by a random number selector, will receive a £20 gift voucher to spend on-line with Tuffnels. The draw will take place on at the end of the month so make sure you get your entries (beads and jewellery) in to be in with a chance to win the goodies!

So, it's a poem for this month:

How innocent were these Trees, that in
Mist-green May, blown by a prospering breeze,
Stood garlanded and gay;
Who now in sundown glow
Of serious colour clad confront me with their show
As though resigned and sad,
Trees, who unwhispering stand umber, bronze, gold;
Pavilioning the land for one grown tired and old;
Elm, chestnut, aspen and pine, I am merged in you,
Who tell once more in tones of time,
Your foliaged farewell."
- Siegfried Sassoon, October Trees

I made a tree bead!!!!

IMG_9255 by Kaz ~ CheekyCherubDesigns, on Flickr

Feel free to interpret the theme in whichever way you choose!

Good luck!
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

puffin

I just love Autumn and Trees . I love how the leaves all change colours they look amazing. So if I think of an idea and I can actually pull it off I will try and enter this month before I have to pack my Lampwork stuff away  :-[
Stacey

A Little Love Goes A Long Way

www.sillymooz.blogspot.com

♥♥Tan♥♥

hollergrafik

I am entering this bead because I can see a tree in the pattern (on the right)
feathertube by Kays Beads, on Flickr

Kaz

She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

chipperpottery

Well this will be a challange, never made a tree bead...off to my torch I go ::)

♥♥Tan♥♥

MadelineBunyan

ooh Tan, they are lovely, especially like the purple one!

hollergrafik

cor tan, purple one looks like the trees here in winter when the wind whips off of the sea.

♥♥Tan♥♥

We have loads of bent trees just like that here where the wind whips off the sea and they grow in the direction the wind blows them, some of them make amazing shapes

hollergrafik

♥♥Tan♥♥

Have you noticed how far inland the winds can affect the trees, you can always tell the direction of the sea by them.

hollergrafik

2 gardens down they have a pine that has grown in a wedge shape, like a big green slice of pie.

Yellow friend

Ooh err Tan really like the purple one too - reminds me of pottery by John Maltby - he used to live in Whitby and a lot of his pots lean to one side. 
www.crocosmiajewellery.com
www.crocosmiajewellery.etsy.com