COLOUR OF THE MONTH CHALLENGE - OCTOBER 2010 - WITH A PRIZE! WINNER UP!

Started by Kaz, October 03, 2010, 11:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaz

The colour of the month challenge is jointly sponsored by Off Mandrel (thank you Sean and Gillian!) and Frit Happens!

Each month the lucky winner, chosen by a random number selector, will receive a £20 gift voucher to spend on-line with Off Mandrel. The draw will take place on at the end of the month so make sure you get your entries in to be in with a chance to win the goodies!

So, the colour of the month for OCTOBER 2010 is Effetre 460 Yellow Ochre (Mustard) - a funny old colour but quite autumnal, so a bit of a challenge!

Good luck!
Kazx

She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Krysia@No98

I LOVE yellow ochre.

I'm off to get dress (only because I'm cold) and then put on the kiln!
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

♥♥Tan♥♥

I love this funny old colour too and I still have some so here we go

Meet Mr Giraffe

And Mr Lizard Alien

fionaess

If it's got a hole, it's a bead !

fionaess

fionaess

Hotglass28

Hummmmmm, that colour is quite yummy, I think that will have to be my next buy.

More beadies
www.facebook.com/pages/The-Owl-Goes-Hoot/567182803365298
www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheOwlGoesHoot?ref=l2-shopheader-name

Kalorlo

Here are some things. I don't like yellow ochre as a colour, so it's been a bit interesting seeing if I can make anything I like from it.

First I did these, with grass green and dark red brown. Don't like them much, and I have to work on my dots.

Then I tried rolling it in silver leaf. Ooh, it went blue! Also with dark ivory and dark red brown.

I tried it with some of Kaz's frits. (Green Green Grass and Tobacco Road). Some dark red brown stringer. Hmm, not quite what I was hoping for.

This one's turquoise with very fine yellow ochre stringer, then dark red brown stringer spirals on top. I dragged the surface a bit on purpose when adding the spirals.

Whoops, I forgot to include these! Amber and yellow ochre. I like these ones  ;) On the BHB the stringer sunk in a bit when I was heating it a lot to round it off.

Dreams of Glass

I love what you've all done with this colour, it's probably my least favourite colour but i don't think i've really given it a chance...  :-\

Quote from: fionaess on October 06, 2010, 07:33:17 PM
Here you go...
leavesbrac by Fiona1953, on Flickr

That bracelet is gorgeous :)
Ingrid                         
xx

♥♥Tan♥♥

Its so nice seeing this glass making an outing and I am liking the results ;D ;D

Yellow friend

These flowers were done with yellow ochre and lemon with straw yellow on top - does that count?

www.crocosmiajewellery.com
www.crocosmiajewellery.etsy.com

Ness

Ooooooh, I'm loving this.  Gorgeous beads!

I love that bracelet, Fiona and Tan - that giraffe is too cute  :D

Had a look through my rods but I don't have any...  It is going on my shopping list though!

helbels

Hiya

This is Yellow Ochre, Clio and various decoration... The bit in the bottom right hand corner isn't mucky looking in real life - not sure why it looks like that on camera:

cbeadies

I found some of this colour in my starter pack, still unused!

Cobalt with yellow ochre dots - I quite like this colour combo. Same beads, with / without flash.

The twistie on these lentils is yellow ochre / orange / red - the ochre seems to be a bit overpowered by the other colours but it is there, honest! I am slowly getting the hang of the lentil press.

Cecilia

I love yellow ochre, it is a favourite colour to wear as well as bead, these are just simple tumbled pebbles but I like them.
This is a great thread with some lovely beads.