show and tell archive

Started by mummydude, July 15, 2010, 06:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaysieMay

So many lovely beads on this thread!  I had a go with the BHB roller the other day, I'm really pleased with the results.  These are pale amber with gold leaf

Golden BHB 003 by GaysieMay, on Flickr
www.GaysieMay.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/gaysiemay

Kalorlo

I should have put mine in here too, shouldn't I?  :)

Rounds:

The oval and ribbed round (I get a beehive shape consistently if I don't fill it) from the 5mm multi BHB with 2mm mandrels:

These are from the 5mm multi BHB roller:

And these are from smaller cavities in the XL Curved Cone roller:

MadelineBunyan

time to bump this up, theres alot of my wig wags out there now, you can't all be just fondling them!

these were all made with the less than 2" pieces I cut off the end of the wig wags when I make them.

suzielaws

Hi Madelaine

Sorry for the long time in making some beads with the lovely wig wag you kindly gave me, here are a few I have done and I still have half a twistie left to look at!

Wig Wag Beads by Susan Lawson Lampwork Glass Beads, on Flickr

MangoBeads

I have just had a whole week to play and catch up with stuff. Its been bliss, I have been working on my Harlequin Cab Tutorial which is nearly done and working on new cabs too. Some of the cabs in the pics are HUGE :) . We have been working on a pendant design which has meant grinding a substantial amount of the back of the cab away. Leaving a beautiful matt polished surface. The plan is to set in an open bezel so the glass will sit directly on the skin. We still have a way to go with them and I dont have a finished one to show yet but its all work in process and its been such a fab week I just had to show :) ... so some candy to show  ::)

This is one of the ones that has been polished from the back creating a beautiful satin frame around the cab its set in its bezel but waiting to be completed :)

IMG_8338 by Mangobeads, on Flickr

My most fav cabs yet ...

IMG_8326 by Mangobeads, on Flickr

The cab on the left is approx 1'' across !

IMG_8323 by Mangobeads, on Flickr

This one will be a pendant ...

IMG_8333 by Mangobeads, on Flickr

These were the development of the lens idea and practice too on making them big actually made on the end of a 9mm mandrel..

IMG_8335 by Mangobeads, on Flickr
)
More development these were the first ..

IMG_8336 by Mangobeads, on Flickr

A few big holes ( still dirty they are that new ! )

IMG_8339 by Mangobeads, on Flickr

..and two comissions

IMG_8319 by Mangobeads, on Flickr

Its been a great week we are off to Birmingham tomorrow to fetch my little man home from his hols and we are doing the Jewellery quarter for the day ..so early start but its going to be good !
Thanks for looking I know its a little sad to spend a week doing pretty much what you do all year BUT its been so nice not to have to think about anyone else:0) we have had lots of meals out and I have really enjoyed working on my tutorial too ...

MadelineBunyan

been busy making more wig wag beads...

tigers by madelinebunyan, on Flickr

tigery wig wags (think I'll remake the amber spacers smaller and paler)

bhb wig wags and a couple of kalypso non wig wags that snuck in

beadshaper beads by madelinebunyan, on Flickr

MadelineBunyan

time for this to come up again!

these are from the egg combo shaper.

and these from the new stubby barrels

more on my blog

Kaz

Well, I certainly was! I have gone colour mad this week!

IMG_0880 by Kaz ~ CheekyCherubDesigns, on Flickr

IMG_0907 by Kaz ~ CheekyCherubDesigns, on Flickr

IMG_0884 by Kaz ~ CheekyCherubDesigns, on Flickr

IMG_0905 by Kaz ~ CheekyCherubDesigns, on Flickr

Let's see what she has inspired others to make!!!
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Pegasus

Firstly, I feel I must apologise for being rather inactive here on FHF and especially in this thread. I won't bore you all with the reasons why. I am astounded by everything here in this thread, what wonderful beads you have all created. I also feel very proud, humbled and incredibly grateful when I see beads made with our bead shapers. I promise to be more involved too. So, I thought I'd add a few beadies that I've made over the last few months.

Just to say also that if you need ANY help with using our tools, please get in touch, I'm only too happy to help!!

sherbert by Pegasus Lampwork, on Flickr

big hole bead trio 2 by Pegasus Lampwork, on Flickr

ancient time by Pegasus Lampwork, on Flickr

kaleidoscope by Pegasus Lampwork, on Flickr

rainbows end by Pegasus Lampwork, on Flickr

washed away by Pegasus Lampwork, on Flickr

socialite by Pegasus Lampwork, on Flickr
~ BEV ~
www.pegasuslampworktools.co.uk      

Isabelle

My big hole bead shaper is my favourite of all the rollers and presses that I have. Can't wait to try some of the others!

MyPrecious

Every year I like to take group shots of part of my stock, mostly because it's pretty! ;D

How can you resist... by Kathryn Greer, on Flickr

Feel free to show yours!
Kathy

My website

chipperpottery

Just received my Interchangeable pendant bail from George  ::)
Popped one of my Toppers onto it.
Think I will be making more of these as presents.

P1020570 by Avalon Beads, on Flickr

chipperpottery

Inspired by Julie (Lush) sea beads, this is my interpretation.
Ring and Pendant hardwear is S/S from George.

Ring / Pendant Topper Davey Jones Locker by Avalon Beads, on Flickr

Ring / Pendant Topper. Davey Jones Locker by Avalon Beads, on Flickr

The Tartan Trout

After doing Anouks silver day at Mandas the other week, I came home so despondent. I felt I had wasted money on me that would have been better used elsewhere in the house. I just couldnt get either the colours to sing or if I got a bit of colour the bead looked like it had been through a mangle!! I gave it a couple of days of feeling sorry for myself and guilty and then gave myself a slap and thought that it really would be a waste if I didn't at least try to put into practice what I had learned. I decided to stick with clio as the safest option. I have finally got there. It's still not perfect but if I was to lay out in a line all the other attempts you can see a progression of success :) This is yesterdays and I finally am happy :) I am also now out of clio lol

The moral of my wittering for me is take notes and go practice in your own time :)

P2244842 by The Tartan Trout, on Flickr