show and tell archive recipes

Started by *rowanberry*, June 13, 2010, 11:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

*rowanberry*

I was having a little play the other day, I wrapped a base bead of CiM Mojito in silver foil, then added some squiggle of CiM Hades stringer, superheated until the Hades feathered, then reduced it... and look what happened!!!!!! Where did those colours come from? :D
***FEEL FREE TO RECREATE***

Claire

*rowanberry*

Another playtime at Rowanberry HQ, this time I did a base bead of CiM Tuxedo, wrapped it in silver foil, added some silvered ivory shards, reduced, and then encased in Lauscha. And "Hello there colours, where did you come from?!?!"
***FEEL FREE TO RECREATE***

Claire

SueP

Pictures didn't turn out as well as I hoped - I used silver leaf rather than foil but am happy with the results ;D

Kaz

These were done with a base of Luna (over clear to save cost!) with Reichenbach multicolour dark frit which was struck and then dots of clear over the top. I think they have a boro look to them!

Just be careful which clear you use though - I used lauscha soft on one of them and the dots have crazed.
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Jennie Lamb

Hi guys!  Was messing around with Effetre Purple Red and Reinenbach Silver Brown and was suprised to get these wonderful purple colours....Have tried photographing from all angles but it doesn't do it justice really, but in the flesh it gives Double Helix a run for its money and at half the price!!!  Base Bead Effetre Purple Red topped with Silver Brown Reduced and encased with Clear...simple?!  This is probably not a 'new' discovery but I just thought I would share as it is such a pretty purple!

Jennie x

OOPS!! Not sure if I have posted this in the right place?  Please move if it is not!  Still trying to get my head around the new posting system!

Kaz

Well this was how it looked before it went into the kiln....

And here are what they look like when they come out....

The recipe:
A small base of DH Luna2, dots of multicolour dark and fully encased in Effetre Crystal Clear 006.
Wow these pop in the kiln!
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Kaz

Made these encased rounds this week. Base on No 1 is Hades and base on No 2 is transparent dark violet. All I did was make frit stringers using straw yellow and Kugler Iris Yellow frit and then wrapped them round the base and encased in clear 006. Very like the effect from stormed silver glass in my view, if not quite as vibrant!Certainly a quick and cheap alternative if you're strapped for cash!
IMG_9239 by Kaz ~ CheekyCherubDesigns, on Flickr
IMG_9236 by Kaz ~ CheekyCherubDesigns, on Flickr
Kazx

Kaz

Reactive Twistie Cored and Capped Bracelet Bead by Kaz ~ CheekyCherubDesigns, on Flickr

Twistie made from multicolour dark and Reichenbach deep black (this one happens to have a core of CIM mermaid as it was the end of a murrini pull but I don't think that was relevant). Core of deep black, twistie wound round and encased in 006 - straight to kiln and this came out the other end....
Kazx

Kaz

Couple of quickies using the new Reichenbach purple rose frit
In this first one I mixed equal parts of the purple rose with multicolour dark and then sprinkled it over a base bead of stoneground with silver foil melted in

IMG_0458 by Kaz ~ CheekyCherubDesigns, on Flickr
With this one I made a base bead of tongue pink (striking terracotta) and added silver foil, then a sprinkling of sea blue frit and then a sprinkling of purple rose

IMG_0474 by Kaz ~ CheekyCherubDesigns, on Flickr

Both sets were etched which gives a lovely organic feel. Go on, have a try at mixing and layering with your frits!
Kazx

Lakelady

Mostly it is difficult to decide what is common knowledge and if what you discover is just new to you, but thanks Kaz, for highlighting this section!  So, apologies if everyone knows this - I wasn't much keen on what I was getting from dark matter, so I covered it in silver leaf and was going to etch but instead of just sticking them in the kiln after melting in the silver, I stuck them in a reducing flame and they came out a lovely gold colour!   Not to everyones taste but I like them!  ;D

103_4914 by quirkyatt, on Flickr
Turner Rowe Glass Art

Magpie

Following on from a different thread, I've been layering Kalyso over other colours to see what happens. These beads were made from a large spacer of white, with colour X over it, encased in clear, encased in kalypso, heated snot hot and lightly reduced, encased in crystal clear, then pressed, just with mashers to spread the colour out a bit.

Silver glass beads by HelenPetersBeads, on Flickr

Starting from the knot in the string, about 3 o'clock and going clockwise, colour X is teal, striking yellow, striking orange, rubino and striking red. So although the kalypso goes pink the base colour still comes through, the red and orange base colours show the best bright pinks.

This carried on from the goddesses I did last week.....
Just kalypso over white

Kalypso goddess by HelenPetersBeads, on Flickr

And over coral though she looks more pink in person.

Kalypso goddess by HelenPetersBeads, on Flickr

The difference in the colours is merely the base colour showing through as there's a layer of clear between the base colour and kalypso in all the beads, so shouldn't be any reactions between colours.

Kaz

These were made on a base of dark aqua with silver foil and lots of Ekho frit - twisted, reduced slightly and encased in Zephyr.

IMG_2699 by Kaz ~ CheekyCherubDesigns, on Flickr

Kazx

Kaz

I made these disks with CIM desert pink unique, lots of silver foil and some of my tiny stash of Zimmerman Z851 large grind frit.

Wild Violet Disks by Kaz ~ CheekyCherubDesigns, on Flickr

Wild Violet Disks by Kaz ~ CheekyCherubDesigns, on Flickr

I think they might be destined for a necklace for my friend's birthday next month....

Kazx

Kaz

Impressionist Garden Discs by Kaz ~ CheekyCherubDesigns, on Flickr

Impressionist Garden Discs by Kaz ~ CheekyCherubDesigns, on Flickr

This is a base of Kugler silver brown with lots of silver foil and multicolour dark K1 size frit.

Kazx