Presses!

Started by Clare Scott, May 03, 2007, 07:59:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clare Scott

Hullo!!

Sorry I have been absent for a while....
have had to make some real money!

Just a quickie....

I`m after a press... zoozii or cattwalk....

If anyone would like me a loving home for theirs - pref lentil or pillow...pref trio...please let me know! I now have money to play with. :))

If not.. whats the best way of getting one without paying massive custom charges...have emailed zoozii, but they didnt reply. Boo.

Clare :) X

Billie

I think LE have like a garage sale thread on their site you could try...

BeverleyH

Hi Clare

I'm afraid I don't know of a way to get presses without the dreaded customs man getting his greasy mitts on your hard earned money!

I've ordered from Cattwalk once and from memory I don't think that was clobbered but Zoozii's orders get stopped every time.  I don't know what Amy puts on the forms (must check next time) but she always plays it strictly by the book.  You probably won't get a reply to your email as I do remember she has (or had) something on her website about 'I don't tick the "gift" box on parcels so don't ask' kind of thing.

I do have a Zoozii lentil trio which I might be persuaded to sell.  Let me suss things out and I'll PM you.

Bev

beadysam

I've bought all mine second hand from LE and none of them have been caught by customs ;)

littlegiggles

I got some cattwalk presses this morning and customs got me... in fact they got me last time Ii ordered through cattwalk... unlucky I guess

Caroline

i got a Zoozii and a Cattwalk press this week, both got caught by customs, the worst part is that most of the charge is Royal Mail and not actual customs, the cattwalk one was cheaper BTW

BeverleyH

They're b***ers are'nt they?  :D

Caroline, are you going to the Bead Fair this year or are you too far away now?

Bev
:)

Vicki

Would it work out less for customs if we did a group order or is it all relative to what you spend?? would be hard to organise what with postage once in uk & everything though, but just a thought :)

*Nicky*

If we did a group one, then we would get charged customs according to the value but we would only get charged one "admin" charge...but then when you add the cost of posting them out to everyone would it work out much cheaper ? Does anyone have a press they could weigh and work out the UK postage cost ?

Vicki

Customs charges realy suck :(

Phoenix*

I'm waiting for a zoozii one to arrive any day now! Hoping it just slips through!  ;)
Kim :)    &  www.phoenixbeads.co.uk

Vicki

Good luck with that one kim :) let me know how much it cost you Kim, I've been window shopping there for a while :)

Caroline

Quote from: BeverleyH on May 03, 2007, 09:08:43 AM
They're b***ers are'nt they?  :D

Caroline, are you going to the Bead Fair this year or are you too far away now?

Bev
:)

oooh Beverley, you know i'll be there with bells on, i am hoping to come down, we can combine it with a trip to see famliy ;D

BeverleyH

Great, must meet up for a coffee!  Will the lovely Helen P be coming I wonder.... :)

Bev

Caroline

ooh i don't know, i better ask her ;D