Aprons

Started by ralphus, April 26, 2007, 08:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ralphus

Signed up for a bead making class on Sunday and have been told to bring an inflammable apron (I think - get that and flammable mixed up!).  Is this a special apron or just one that won't catch fire or melt very easily?  Am I asking a stupid question?
Becky

beadysam

I use a welders suede/leather apron - about £10 on ebay. ;D

beads-on-toast

i think inflammable and flammable mean the same thing??

its not like the old days is it when you'd take ya dad's old shirts in and wear them back to front!
fantastic

Bumpy Beads

Quote from: beads-on-toast on April 26, 2007, 08:59:03 PM
i think inflammable and flammable mean the same thing??

its not like the old days is it when you'd take ya dad's old shirts in and wear them back to front!
fantastic

You took me right back then! I was in Mrs Harrison's class all over again, blowing paint across the paper with a straw :D
Heather

My Etsy Shop

One Key Beads

Class in Northwich/Hartford (Cheshire) by any chance?

I was told to bring and inflammable apron too - when I asked the college where I could get one, they said it didn't matter, just wear old clothes.  Might be worth asking.

Jeanette

Funky Cow

My God, Heather.... not Judith Harrison by any chance?
Cathryn xxx     

My Etsy: http://funkycow.etsy.com

ralphus

Frodsham but I think the lady doing it has taught in Northwich - Gill Hesketh.
Becky

Caroline

Quote from: ralphus on April 26, 2007, 09:17:11 PM
Frodsham but I think the lady doing it has taught in Northwich - Gill Hesketh.

wow classes in Northwich!!! i couldn't find any when i started

ralphus

I only found out about it because the owners of the bead shop in Winsford where I spend all my money had some leaflets about it and they had been to Northwich.  I'm getting quite excited!
Becky

Bumpy Beads

Quote from: Funky Cow on April 26, 2007, 09:15:47 PM
My God, Heather.... not Judith Harrison by any chance?

No, her name was Pearl and she was lovely.
Heather

My Etsy Shop

Caroline

Quote from: ralphus on April 26, 2007, 09:33:17 PM
I only found out about it because the owners of the bead shop in Winsford where I spend all my money had some leaflets about it and they had been to Northwich.  I'm getting quite excited!

cor a bead shop in Winsford!!! WOW i move from a place that seems to be getting all beady to one without even a bead shop, tipical ::)

you going to the Nantwich bead fair? I am as we're visiting

ralphus

I hope to but I can only plan as far as the weekend at the moment - if I have to remember any more than that I forget everything.  Running out of space in there.  Its in my diary though.
Becky

Caroline

cool, maybe i'll see you there

i'll be the one drooling over the glass rods at Martins Stall buy not being able to buy any

Diane

Could I suggest that you wear something in natural materials - say cotton - with long sleeves and a round(not low) neck - manmade things tend to melt if they get little bits of hot glass on them  (and old clothes - forgot to mention).  I think a heavyweight cotton pinny would be OK if you haven't the time to get the proper thing.  I presume the apron is to protect against little bits of hot glass but I  find if they want to go anywhere it's always on my arms or down my top or blouse front.  Oh - and good luck with your class.

♥♥Tan♥♥

yep no short sleeves or low cut booby tops, hot pingy bits of glass always stick to arms and boobs ;D