Aprons

Started by ralphus, April 26, 2007, 08:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ralphus

Thanks very much.  I have an old linen shirt that I'll use.  Am usually buttoned up to the chin when I play with fire!

Becky
Becky

♥♥Tan♥♥

when you get your first booby burns be sure to tell us...we've all shared that one!!! ;D ;D ;D

beadysam

Yep, booby burns are a mark of honour!

ralphus

Will do but I'm not posting photos.
Becky

Les

And the booby burn dance is a rite of passage ;)

As is quoting from the sacred texts .... "oooch... ouch.... bu**er  that's a bit warm !!"

♥♥Tan♥♥

and everyone questioning those strange scars in summer!!

Shirley

A couple of weeks ago I put a lot of small dots on a bead - 18 I think. Must have left it out of the flame a bit long as when I put it back in half the dots flew off - if you've seen the film 'Gremlins' where the gremlins breed you'll know what I mean. Bleeding things went all over the place - down my front, one in my hair. Never did like the smell of singeing :D
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

Vicki

I had a wee bit of glass pop of a few weeks back, it popped off & stuck to my skin & melted a hole in my arm...nice!  Never had bobby burns, but I don't have the biggest targets ;D

*rowanberry*

I'm thinking of getting an apron just to avoid the booby burns (ouch!).
Claire

♥♥Tan♥♥

I have an apron and they still manage to wriggle behind that gaping bit at the top!!

beadysam

I've got an apron - AND booby burns LOL!  But I wouldn't work without it.  I expect a few burns but I think an apron would save you from any major falls onto your lap.  Hubby was having a go at making marbles and insisted he didn't need the apron - I persuaded him in the end, thankfully, as the marble broke off the punty and flew onto his lap!  I don't know quite what happened but he managed to flick it up in the air as he leapt off the chair.  The marble landed on the chair seat and quickly rolled of leaving scorch marks.  The chair was flame retardant so I don't know if that helped, but I hate to think what state his family jewels would be in without the apron.... :o

♥♥Tan♥♥

I hope you checked him thoroughly to make sure, you just cant be too careful ;)

why do these men insist on fiddling with OUR glass ;D ;D

beadysam

I checked...but to be honest, there wasn't much to see... ;)

littlegiggles

Stacy

Quote from: beadysam on April 28, 2007, 07:19:08 PM
I checked...but to be honest, there wasn't much to see... ;)

:o  ;D ;D ;D