Kiln Space On Offer ..... List of Offers on Page 1

Started by Les, April 15, 2007, 11:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxie

Hi there

I'm a newbie intending to buy my torch and supplies in the next week or so.

I'd love to buy some kiln time off someone when the time comes but I doubt it will be for a while. Can anyone give me a guide to the likely cost (approx) as I always imagined kiln time to be really expensive.

Cheers

Jinxie

Kaz

It is very expensive usually - at least a large block of Galaxy or even some Swiss chocolate!
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

princess pink

Lol jinxie, my price is always choccy too! Pm me if you want me to anneal for you. Always good to have a few people on the go  ;)

Jinxie

OMG!

Not a WHOLE bar of Galaxy surely???? That is really expensive  ;)

Just kidding! But if that's the going rate then I'm going to make a point of offering kiln time as well - eventually.

I suppose it might help if I make a few beads first ....speaking of which, I should place my order for a kit I suppose. Prevarication is the order of the day for me at the moment - having too much fun just reading about it.

Jinxie  ::)

GaysieMay

Please add me to the list, in Scarborough North Yorks
www.GaysieMay.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/gaysiemay

bbbeads

Quote from: Les on April 15, 2007, 11:13:04 PM
I'll kick it off ..... I don't mind helping anyone out ... just PM me and we can arrange something

Les xx
Hello Les

My daughter and I have just started bead making with a hot head torch and propane and becoming addicted.  Didn't know which way to go with limited money - oxy con and nortel minor burner or buy a kiln.  I hope with your kind offer we can now have both wishes for awhile.
Can you tell me how this would work and the costs please.  Any advice would be grateful as well.
Also new to this forum/chat arrangements so please bear with me if I seem a little slow in answering.
Bye for now
Brenda

SallyB

Hello

I would really like to have a go at selling my beads but can only do this if I can find someone to anneal them for me. 

I'd ideally like to pay each time so that I feel like the person doing the annealing is benefitting too.  I know that you can never have too much glass so thought an agreed amount each time into a PayPal account would make the person glad they were helping me and me glad because it would mean I could sell my beads at last.

I was thinking of at least £5 each time (as a guess) plus me paying for the postage both ways.  I don't get to make many beads so I'd probably be talking about around 50 maximum a month.

If anyone is interested please let me know.  I don't know if this is a cheeky post because I know most people that sell have their own kiln.  I've kept hoping I'd have money to get one but haven't managed it and would really like to move to trying to make this brilliant hobby generate me some much needed cash. 

Thank you kindly
Sally

Nikki

Hi sally
I'd be happy to anneal for you, just cover the postage would be fine, they can go in with my beads so there is no extra cost to me.

I'm in Edinburgh don't know where you are but you may find someone closer if you prefer. If you want me to do some just PM me and I will let you have my address.

Nikki

Dragonfire Glass

There's a list on page 1 (my name seems to have vanished :D )

beadysam

I'd be happy to chuck some in with my stuff.  I'm not making tons at the moment so don't do a batch often, but it costs less than 50p for a cycle so no payment needed. ;)

SallyB

Thank you very much for the offers.  I really appreciate it.
Shahlaa has offered to do it for me thank you.
Thank you again for all of your generosity.
Sally
x

♥♥Tan♥♥

Quote from: Failariel on May 21, 2010, 03:34:04 PM
There's a list on page 1 (my name seems to have vanished :D )

You are back on along with all the new names that have offered, thankyou girls

mummydude

Hi there,

I'm trying to find someone who could anneal my beads for me (for copious amounts of chocolate of course!) but wasn't sure how up to date the list on page 1 is.
Is it preferable to use someone close to me? (I'm in York BTW) surely postage is postage anywhere in the UK?
What is the etiquette for kiln space? is it a case of wrapping beads in bubble wrap and posting in a jiffy with stamps to cover the cost of their return?

Vicki

sparrow

Hi Vicki, yup, postage is postage - doesn't really matter. I've annealed beads from Essex, Scotland, Devon, Barnsley, Sheffield....and York, and I'm sure I've forgotten some. Happy to do yours if you include return postage :)
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

Blue Box Studio

Is there anyone near Clevedon/Bristol with kiln space to spare, else, not knowing how often you batch anneal, anyone likely to be firing up the kiln in the next week or so?  I've some total newbie beads I'd like annealed so I can feel I might just be getting somewhere and can make something from them. 

Thanks,  Sue.
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr