retro bead liner

Started by Hotglass28, April 30, 2009, 10:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hotglass28

Hello there, I hope I'm not asking an obvious question but which die do I need for troll bead size.

I will be getting a second hand retro bead liner but with no dies and I havent a clue which ones I should get. I think two sets of dies will be all I can afford at the mo.

If it helps me decide and you peeps to suggest. I see myself doing troll size beads and maybe a little bigger.

From "confused of Fareham" Denise
www.facebook.com/pages/The-Owl-Goes-Hoot/567182803365298
www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheOwlGoesHoot?ref=l2-shopheader-name

theflyingbedstead

Hi Denise,

There was a thread a while back about the measurements of Troll and Pandora bracelets.  Here's the link:

http://www.frit-happens.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=9542.0

I do not know which die you need though, but I hope you will be able to work it out from the measurements of the Troll bracelet.

Charlotte x
Charlotte x

treacle_mel

Hi Denise

I have a retro tool bead liner from retroglasstools - the piece i use is 3/16".  I had trouble at first with the silver as the wall was too thick on the first piece I bought.  I got in touch with Gerry from retroglass tools and he advised me to buy the silver from metalliferous.com - these are the silver dimensions he gave me - (4.8mm/.190 O.Dia  .381mm/ .015 Wall).

I make my beads to fit Pandora bracelets and the diameter is a little larger than troll - I usually have to file out the centres a little to make them fit the Pandora bracelet, but I would think you wouldn't need to do that for Troll bracelets.

Hope that helps...

Melissa x
Mel x