Using enamels

Started by Kaz, January 07, 2009, 10:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaz

I have had a few bags of enamels in my drawer(s!) for a few months now. DH has just rung me from the protective equipment suppliers to say he is picking me up a mask so I will hopefully be able to play later in the week. (He is VERY good - he has also ordered a special tool and crimps for my new torch as the ones that are on currently don't meet UK safety regs). Any helpful suggestions for using enamels - particularly practical ones on how I actually get the enamels onto the beads. I have one of those sprinkler things but imagine that it will go everywhere with that - other suggestions please?
Kaz
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

julieHB

The few times I've had a play I've just put small heaps of different colours on my marver or a tile and just rolled the hot bead in the stuff. I read somewhere it's quite good to spin the bead quite fast in the heat afterward, that way the enamel doesn't burn/boil while melting in.
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

Maria Louisa

Hi Karen,
At my workshop with Teresa Laliberte she teached us to make a pallette of different colours on a tile or something. She uses about 6 to 8 greens/blues and purples, the tile is like a painterspallette. You don't have to use it all, just put it away if you don't use it and pick it up a next time. After 6 months or so and the colours really mixed to much through one and other you propably can make a new tile/pallette.
It works for me, just roll the beads into it. I didn't liked the sprinklingtins much either.
www.glassbeadsculptress.com
www.glassbeadsculptress.etsy.com
www.beadpress.nl
www.flickr.com/beadpress

mjbelkin

I don't know how you use them, but I love the effect on beadies  ;D
Melanie  :-*  |  "Bother" said the Borg as they assimilated Pooh

http://www.kandmbeadshop.com/   |  http://www.kandmcreations.co.uk/