Main Menu

Bullseye

Started by Winny, January 04, 2009, 07:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winny

I have tube of hand pulled rods that I made while studying at Sunderland poly a long time ago and I can't remember what the coe of bullseye glass is
dose anybody else have an idea? what would work with this glass?
I'm getting very close to starting off

garishglobes

Bullseye is 90 COE - while it won't work with 104COE glass, you can use small amounts of the 91-96COE frits, on the same basis as you'd use them with the 104COE glass.

bluefairy

Hello love, bullseye is COE90, I think uroboros do a 90 too xx
Helen xx

My Etsy     My Facebook     My Folksy

Zeldazog

Bullseye now do a lot of their colours in 1 and 2mm stringer, frit, confetti as well as lampworking rods, all COE 90

Warm Glass UK

If you haven't used Warm Glass before, take advantage of the fact that they offer free postage on your first order.....

I know Rozelle (Littlemoo) has successfully used BeadySam's frit in fusing projects, so I would imagine you could do same with lampworking (I don't know what the COE is of these frits)

And I have bought Uroboros COE 90 noodles from Tempsford Stained Glass, they do frit and stringer in it too.

Winny

Thank-you
Just seems to good to continue leaving it in the corner or Mother in Laws garage and I need to practice atlot as its years since I've worked in this field, I used to make glass ships in bottles BC ( before children) and that's why I've been doing other stuff to pay for a tourch

Lyn G

Quote from: Zeldazog on January 04, 2009, 10:07:23 PM

Warm Glass UK

If you haven't used Warm Glass before, take advantage of the fact that they offer free postage on your first order.....

Looked on their site....but couldn't see that they offer free postage on your first order.  Where did you see it?

Zeldazog

My apologies Lyn, I don't know when that changed, it was there the last time I looked (and I visit the site regularly!)

It's something they have done for the last 2.5 years that I know of, but no, I can't find it anywhere now.

Sorry for mis-informing, with it being something they had always done, I didn't even check the site to be honest.

sparrow

Erm, well, I'd forgotten about that offer, but was pleasantly surprised when I put my first order through last week-end, and it came up with 'Postage = Free' - it didn't say it was because it was my first order, but it was, so...........errrrrrr..............am I making sense here?!  ::)
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

Kaz

Sabine - was it glass you ordered - and have you tried it yet? Some of the colours look really interesting but I was a bit unsure as to whether it would need a different annealing schedule?
Kaz
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Zeldazog

Kaz

I anneal soak at 517 deg C (length of time depends on size. thickness, etc) - and ramp down 83C/hr to 371 deg C, when I am fusing Bullseye. 

HTH

Kaz

Thanks - would that be the same for beads then Dawn?
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Zeldazog

I would have thought so, Kaz - surely the annealing point of a particular range of glass is always the same, no matter what was done with it?

Certainly with Bullseye, whether you're fusing, slumping, fire polishing, frit casting, kiln carving, pate-de-verre - the annealing temperatures are still the same.

I am not sure what extra stresses flame-working would put on glass over fusing, so perhaps just hold at the anneal soak for longer?  And of course, you can always slow the ramp down (read somewhere that nothing is lost by going slower with firing schedules, apart from production time itself - you can't go too slow)

Rather than mess around, I tend to leave my anneal soak at around 30 or minutes, only increasing it if its a larger, thicker or uneven pieces and especially a second firing - that's probably way longer than required for small jewellery pieces, but it saves messing around with the schedule every time.

Lyn G

Quote from: Zeldazog on January 06, 2009, 07:33:07 PM
My apologies Lyn, I don't know when that changed, it was there the last time I looked (and I visit the site regularly!)

It's something they have done for the last 2.5 years that I know of, but no, I can't find it anywhere now.

Sorry for mis-informing, with it being something they had always done, I didn't even check the site to be honest.

No problem Dawn......I just thought I was looking in the wrong place!

Zeldazog

Just had this e-mail back from Warm-Glass.....

Dear Dawn

Thank you for your lovely compliments and for passing our name on to others. 

You are quite correct, first orders still receive free carriage.  There used to be a banner proclaiming the first order free carriage and we need to resurrect this.  Thank you for pointing it out and reminding us.

Kind regards,
Veronica

Thought it was worth checking!

Dawn
X

Lyn G

Placed an order this afternoon and, like Sabine, it came up with 'Postage Free'.  I think this was before I entered my details though, so it can't have known I had never ordered before!  I'll have to see if it does the same next time.  :)