Main Menu

Silvered ivory

Started by Amber, September 07, 2007, 10:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Amber

Not actually about silvered ivory as such - I just wanted to know whether you can 'silver' any other colours the same way you do ivory?

Not that I've even attempted ivory yet, as my stringers are more hairs than stringers at the moment!  :D

Les

Try it with all sorts of colours.... have fun experimenting.....;D

I hear that silvered EDP can give some funky effects ?? The silver will also give really different effects depending on whether you use a transparent or an opaque colour too.....

Opal yellow is nice with silver... and so is ASK silver cinnamon.... at least I think it's ASK and not CIM.. I get easily confused..

I'd just play and experiment... and take note of any lush combos you come accross for future reference :)

Amber

Thanks Les, that's good to know - I'll have a play!

Les

ooohh... just remembered... the vet. odd lot avocado is fabulous with silver leaf..... as a bead rolled in leaf, I mean... it's really nice :)

Amber

I just got some vet. odd lots this morning and was thinking that several of them would look good with silver, that's what inspired my question!

Shirley

if you have a look at my ebay listings i have a set of beads on there made with odd lot avocado, dark ivory and silver leaf - the yellowish set with black webbing. The webbing is the effect from the silver.

I LOVE silver leaf :)
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

Amber

Those are gorgeous, Shirley!

Sulis (Hazel)

Is it the one called Simple Ivory? Your beads are scrummy!
Hazel x

Shirley

Thanks Amber and Hazel

This set, Hazel, I haven't put them in my gallery on the webby yet. Just love the effect

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170145704256&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=007
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver