Main Menu

Caribbean Sea

Started by Amber, January 26, 2012, 12:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Amber

I was quite disappointed when I finally got my hands on some caribbean sea, it didn't look the same as the pictures I'd seen  :( Then I was given one rod by my secret santa and it's totally different! Much nicer. The bead on the left is from the rods I bought and the one on the right is from santa.



Anyone else notice a difference between batches?

awrylemming

I have bought loads of batches of this glass from various suppliers and it's never looked like the one on the left!  Although I'm not sure I dislike it I am sure that I wouldn't have been happy with that as Caribbean Sea.

The Tartan Trout

My current batch is fab. Swirly and perfect in colour. The batch before this kept having brown blotches. I thought I was cooking it, but it appears to be the batch as I did a comparison test. The dark one on the left is still pretty colours.

Kalorlo

That's weird: never seen any like the left one. Might be worth contacting your supplier about that. It kinda looks like it has ivory in it or something instead of white!

Trudi

I've got a new batch I need to try out .. must give it a whirl

jammie

Doesn't look like mine either  ???

Lyn G

Haven't tried it.....but the one on the left looks more like the 'North Sea' than the Caribbean!   :D


awrylemming

Quote from: Lyn G on January 26, 2012, 02:12:51 PM
Haven't tried it.....but the one on the left looks more like the 'North Sea' than the Caribbean!   :D



Brilliant Lyn  :D

Amber

Quote from: Lyn G on January 26, 2012, 02:12:51 PM
Haven't tried it.....but the one on the left looks more like the 'North Sea' than the Caribbean!   :D



  :D :D

It is kind of nice in it's own way, just not what I was expecting!

mizgeorge

I've also had Caribbean Sea from at least 6 different places, both sides of the pond, and none have looked like the first one. Where did you get it from?

chipperpottery

It is one of my favourite colours, I have never got that dark green.
This is made from my batch.


Aqua  Sea by Avalon Beads, on Flickr

Amber

George, it was from Tuffnells.

Here are the rods next to each other;


mizgeorge

That just doesn't look right to me. I wonder if there's been a dodgy batch around.


Bubblebeads

the core in the first one looks a lot darker then the second one something not right there