When white's not quite white

Started by Ciel, November 19, 2011, 08:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Ciel

I've been organising my glass and have discovered what seems to be 3 different white glass types, one is marked as soft white effetre which has a slight opal effect to it, another marked as effetre white and another batch that has no label, but does have the rough texture of dark ivory to the touch, seems to spread a bit  when melted as dots and ends up with a pale brown band on the rod after it's been in the heat.

Any idea what this unmarked glass could be as I'm at a loss?

Kalorlo

The soft white is anise. Not a clue about the last one! Unless it's tongue pink/striking terracotta? Some of that was given away free by Martin one month with orders. It can be a bit tricky to strike on its own so can stay whitish.

Blue Box Studio

Not that I'm an expert but it's not tongue pink or whatever they called it?  I think I might have had some from Martin, having said he sent me white and mixing it in with my whites  ::)
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

SRJ


Ciel

Ah - I'll have a play at striking it to see what happens :)

Lush!

Yep, I agree. Sounds like you've got Effetre white 204, Effetre anice white 208 and Effetre Striking Terracotta (official name Tongue Pink).

;D


www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

SRJ

That'll be why it went a pinkish colour when I used it!   Now I know what it's a striking colour I can give it a 'proper' try.......

helbels

It could also be Opal Rose, which is a soft white in the rod but strikes to a lovely bubblegum pink