Maroon Transparant????????????????????????

Started by jazzylily, November 10, 2011, 01:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jazzylily

Hi

Can anyone recomment a well behaved Maroon Transparant Glass - I don't care what coe it it.  I want something that does not go amber and cloudy when heated. Help
Pauline
PAULINE

www.jazzylily.com

Isabelle

Would Reichenbach Gold Violet do the trick?? It's a nice dark plummy red and very well-behaved.

princess pink

hmm...maroon is difficult, i reckon simpy berry (cim), bordello (cim), or cherry (effetre) but i don't know if you can get the latter here.

princess pink

or maybe layer colours?? you could layer a medium purple over red transparent.

Dee Dee

Not sure, layering the colours could be the way, I think too!  I know CIM Bordello becomes very opaque and is very dark!  I've not seen Eff Cherry!

Kaz

She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

jazzylily

Thanks Guys - I have tried CIM Bordello and that goes cloudy and amber - Maybe I am not trying hard enough!!
Just had a play wuth TAG Red Elvis (33coe) that's looking good so far but very willing to try the others.

thanks again
Pauline
PAULINE

www.jazzylily.com

k00m

Isn't Bordello a striker? Your problem might be that you're not 'reactivating' the colour when you've finished making the bead.
- Kerra -

Dee Dee

I think it is a striker - but I have never managed to make Bordello transparent - obviously I am doing something wrong!

Shirley

How close can you get by using rubino over something? A blue - periwinkle, maybe?
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

awrylemming

Pauline, would you like to try some TAG black cherry?  It's a lovely deep maroon red, kiln strikes, and I've found it pretty much infallible so far.  Pm me if you'd like a few inches of a rod x

jazzylily

I think I have cracked it (provided my customer likes it) TAG Red Elivis 33 coe.

Thanks again everyone - I may be back!!!!! :-\
PAULINE

www.jazzylily.com