Main Menu

TAG and a Hot Head?

Started by k00m, October 27, 2011, 06:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

helbels

Gemma, if you get anything whatsoever from Juno, tell me how.  I superheated that bugger, struck it, reduced it, prayed to the gods, shouted at it, cried, and even tried bribery.... and it just stayed stubbornly transparent pink!!

awrylemming

You have to reduce it really heavily and put it right into the reduction flame rather than reduce it at the top.  It's still not that much to look at though  :(

SilverGems89

ahhhh thanks for that Sue, i had heard it didn't like a heavy reduction so kept it fairly gentle, will give it another go at some point with some stronger reduction  ;D I'm off to have a peek in the bubbles now  ;)

Shirl

Let us know what you got from it Gemma :)

SilverGems89

I made beads with dots of the TAG, then covered the TAG with dots of effetre 006...
There was some slight colour variations in the Juno (some pink some more purpley, some a bit of both!) but none of the flashy effects you would usually expect from a silver glass, but i doubt i reduced it enough so will try again! The Lake geneva had some lovely flashy iridescence in some of the dots, but some of them had gone yukky grey  :(
So the results are on first use the lake geneva seemed to be easier to work and yield nicer results but both need more play time!

Shirl

It looks like its not going te be an easy task testing theses glasses, but more of a steep learning curve! I hope i dont end up with 50 poo coloured beads!

Shirl

I got my shorts today from Sue.....THANKS  :-*, and am looking forward to playing tomorrow

Shirl

I have spent today testing TAG Zeus on my HH.

I made about 10 beads over different bases, I cooled them in bubbles and will take a picture when they cool. (I dont think they are poo coloured, but will wait and see!)

Trudi

I haven't used Juno in a while .... and it could be that I had an old batch ... but I have a feeling it one of those that might like to be annealed at a higher temperature!

Trudi

The Zeus - did you try it over transparent orange


Electric Zeus by Glittering Prize - Trudi, on Flickr

the purple is more electric than it shows on here!

Shirl

I did do one over CIM clockwork, I dont think it looks as good as yours though Trudi :o

Trudi

You never know till you get it out ............

Shirl

I have taken photos but will post the results in a new thread. And Trudi, its not as nice as yours :) ;D