Main Menu

Silver foil and ivory

Started by Amber, August 28, 2008, 11:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Amber

Can anyone tell me why these two beads look so different when they were made in exactly the same way - a dark ivory bead rolled in silver foil, with trans grey over the top. The picture isn't that clear, but in the left hand bead, the silver has gone into lots of little dots, but in the one on the right there is no reaction at all. You can probably see the biggest difference under the transparent layer.

I'm sure I didn't do anything different!  ???


DragonflyLynne

I can't answer your question, but I love your beads!  ;D


for chain maille supplies, kits & workshops, bespoke headpins, earwires and more! Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crispy and taste good with ketchup! Dragonfly (Lynne)

garishglobes

Something to do with the relative amount of silver vs ivory, since one is a bit smaller than the other? Or maybe the amount of heat/working time, for the same reason? I'm guessing in the dark here, but the beads are lovely either way!

kaatje

Maybe you burnished the silver a bit firmer in one of the beads?
Love, Karin

Isabelle

 It looks to me like the bead on the left has been worked longer/ hotter, becaust it has more webbing  - lovely beads!

Trudi

Quote from: Isabelle on August 28, 2008, 03:34:00 PM
It looks to me like the bead on the left has been worked longer/ hotter, becaust it has more webbing  - lovely beads!

ditto - but it could also be a bit of a combination of all the things metnioned above.