We Now have a Wiki

Started by Dickie, November 10, 2008, 10:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dickie

For those of you who haven't been reading this thread we have decided to setup a Wiki...

Well.... here it is... I would like to unveil....

Fritipedia

Bookmark it now...

OK.. There is not a lot of information on it at the moment... (well..nothing at all really ;) ) but that's where you lot come in. :)

We have decided for the time being that only those with more than 25 posts can edit the Wiki (rather than a free-for-all)... Please note: that this is not to say that anyone with less than 25 posts to their name does not have something useful to add to the global pool of information that is Fritipedia, but we wanted to try to reduce the risk of rogue members who registered on FH for spamming reasons from vandalising the Wiki.

We hope no-one is upset by this decision we can always review it again later.

To log in just use your Frit-Happens! User name and Password, and away you go.

We need some useful information for Newbies and the "not so newbies" like pages on Annealing, Kilns, Different types of glass, Suppliers, Kiln schedules, Photography, Photo editing, Websites, FAQs  etc. etc. the list is endless (to say the least)

So feel free to create your new pages.

Please bear in mind that Fritipedia will be moderated and what you type may be edited... (in fact it's quite likely to be edited.. that's how a Wiki works)

Also please read the Disclaimer (this is very important.)

Above all we would like Fritipedia to be something that is both useful and enjoyable.

If you need to learn how to edit a Wiki then there are some good articles
Here and here

Please let me know if you encounter any issues.

Enjoy !!!  :D
Dickie-Oh yes! Follow me on Twitter @DickieDooda

julieHB

Wow, that looks very cool, Dickie! thanks for setting it up!!
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

Dickie

No probs.... I just hope it gets used

beadmonkey

Well done!!!!

Who's going to be brave and put the first entry into it? ;D

Roy :)

Dickie

Vicki

You are a star Dickie :D thank you.

Sulis (Hazel)

Thanks Dickie. I'm so looking forward to using this!!  ;D
Hazel x

silverlemon

Quote from: Dickie on November 10, 2008, 10:42:13 PM
we wanted to try to reduce the risk of rouge members who registered on FH for spamming reasons from vandalising the Wiki.

ha ha.....

don't you mean rogue?
Bionic Sarah xxx    Sarah Downton On Facebook  My Etsy Shop

silverlemon

Blast, he pipped me to the post....I'm always spotting his typos  ;)
Bionic Sarah xxx    Sarah Downton On Facebook  My Etsy Shop

handmadeheaven.biz

Lush!

I haven't even clicked the link yet (still working out what the heck a wiki is!) but I'm dead impressed by the little logo thingy there, its FAB!!

;D ;D

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

Chameleon

thats cool, love the logo too  ;D will have a proper look around later after uni

sparrow

I was going to make a start, and suddenly I've gone all shy, lol! I was trying to find an index page (zoho wiki, which I use, has that feature), which might be useful, but couldn't find one?! Anyways, I figured out how to add pages, so once I've had a clever thought, there'll be no stopping me! Well done Dickie!
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

sparrow

Okay, found a simple thing to do.....although already, it really covers two topics - never mind! :D

http://www.frit-happens.co.uk/wiki/Cleaning_Beads
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

sparrow

Okay, me again, what do we do about stuff that somebody has gone through a lot of trouble putting together - I just took the Shards info from a post Becky did, but attributed & linked to her site - is that okay?

http://www.frit-happens.co.uk/wiki/Shards

Btw, if anybody wantes to get started, I purposely left a blank under 'Using Shards', so it's not as scary as adding a new page ;))
Sabine x