AOTM January 2011 - Resolutions

Started by sparrow, January 01, 2011, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparrow

Happy New Year!

Soooooo, you've been ogling images on AOTM for 12 months, it's the start of the new year, here's the plan!

What technique, style, colour combo, press, etc. do you want to try? What beadie-related resolution is there in your head (or heart...or purse ;))? Let's hear them, and, with a bit of luck, you'll get a chance to try it before the end of this month, and we'll match resolutions with your 'LOOK, I'VE DONE IT!' pictures.
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

sparrow

Sooo, here's mine: I've been meaning to sort out a new website which includes sculptural work. Eek, now I said it, I'd better do it :)
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

Les

My resolutions don't really include glass per say .... but they are to be more business orientated and to get a handle on time management. Last year I got into a real mess with the whole business / family / housework stuff.

I am writing myself a timetable for my work days, cleaning days and research days and pinning it to the fridge.

Nothing specific yet, but I definitely want to spend 2011 developing a more concrete business footing.

On a beady note though ... I'd really like to get better at florals and encasing :)

chipperpottery

First I really wan't to do a stock take of my studio ceramics, this I wan't to down size.
Second, get to grips with my new camera and Pracice getting my ideas and beads right.
Tidy the studio....now where do I start  ???

This is my workspace looking the other way by Avalon Beads, on Flickr

Les

I call it lived in ;D
What a great space you have :)

awrylemming

I want to be able to make a goddess who doesn't look like she belongs to a Martian monster race  ::)

Les

That's a great one to get your head around :) I've not made a goddess in a good couple of years now ...

ScarletLeonard

1. Sort out my Etsy shop (will be listing the first thing in months today.)
2. Make a real set of beads (a nice focal, some large pairs and spacers)
3. Get to grips with fine stringer control.
4. Attempt something sculptural.

There's probably more, I'm still not fully awake yet.

elburnzo

i want to get better at decorating beads! my colour combos are ok im my head n not so gd in practice!

I'm also trying to save which means going on a glassy diet :( but i am saving for an oxycon so its not all bad :P

oh and i want to get better at photography.

other than tht its just the usual- diet, spend less etc

im sure theres thousands more tbh

SilverGems89

ok my resolution is, be more adventurous with decoration on my heart beads (frit and polka dots are not very exciting!) and open my Etsy shop (eeeeek, scary!)

MadelineBunyan

I need to list more of the stuff I make on my artfire and website. this means doing the dreaded pricing thing. I cant get my head around it when its loose beads, jewellery Im fine with though.

making wise, I'm having great fun making focals, but I really need to sit down and make smaller matched sets of beads for bracelets and earrings. sets are not my strong point, I'm too much of a butterfly and like to try out different things all the time, I have to force myself to even make two of something.

also, I'm getting a new studio, and I would like to try and keep it tidy and organised..chances of this are slim!

generally be more organised, and keep the motivation going from 'ooh I'll make some of those', right through to, 'I'll take a picture and edit it and list it' rather than leaving them in a pile that gets huge and scary and I don't know where to start!

garishglobes

I would love to be more focussed and organised  ::)

More realistically, I'd like to learn more about glass sculpture and how to work boro colour on a larger scale. In fact, I'd just like to spend the year learning more about boro (clear and colour) and its many capabilities :)

There, how's that for focus? :P :D :D

Lotti

Mine is to stop being scared and make some beads in my new outbuildio!  First fire today, but no beads as didn't turn the kiln on and forgot to make sure I have some vermiculite!  Try to make some decent beads and to use other techniques than frit (which I love and is brilliant, but I need to do other stuff too).  By the end of the year have my website set up and maybe start trying to sell beads/jewellery!  Oh yes and find a house to live in that is ours! :)

jammie

Last night my gas was so low pressure (the cold maybe)  it was really hard to melt the glass so....I am saving for an oxycon and torch. I really want a bobcat so a lot of saving to do.
First have to get to grips with all the bills and get them paid but still......... feel pretty determined so maybe this time next year.....tenner a week?  :) Problem being really not to get distracted by pretty glassy  things.  ::) ::)

Try to do more torching when I can... and make some decent beads.

get computer fixed and hard drive as all our webby photos are there and get the new website up and running . Hussle DH (sure thats his resolution too)  :)

Hussle DD to take photos ( part of her glassy resolutions I'm sure) and get new stuff listed.  :)

Delana

I'm spending this year focusing more on some other areas of my life/business but the main thing I want out of the glassy side of things is just to get back to why I started all of this in the first place.  That would be to do something purely for the pleasure of doing it with out having shows, markets, orders, Etsy, etc. on my mind.  Doesn't mean I won't make beads.....just means I'm taking the pressure off.....just for a while so I can focus on some other important things!!.....Still planning to come to the Flame-Off though  ;D

Oh....and a clean up of the studio goes without saying!!
  :D